British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

1 minute ago, Wee Eck said:

How many meetings did he do? I could only find one

The meeting at which Josh Auty was injured (home v Berwick) was abandoned after his crash.  The result did not stand, so it wouldn't appear on his record.

1 minute ago, crescent girl said:

The meeting at which Josh Auty was injured (home v Berwick) was abandoned after his crash.  The result did not stand, so it wouldn't appear on his record.

I am aware of that - but I could only find one other home Birmingham meeting in which he rode in 2022 (which ended after heat 10, so Josh only had 3 rides). I was querying why he was being called “dreadful” on the back of such limited activity. 

Can’t remember but it was enough to see that he looked like he was way out of his depth and was struggling badly 

so much so that he’d struggle even at reserve  on that form so, as I said, I’m not at all surprised he hadn’t got a team place 

he came to one of our mid season meetings and was interviewed in the interval in which he said he was hoping to “ be back soon”. Most fans really hoped that didn’t happen as the guests were scoring far more than Josh had been doing  

16 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

Can’t remember but it was enough to see that he looked like he was way out of his depth and was struggling badly 

so much so that he’d struggle even at reserve  on that form so, as I said, I’m not at all surprised he hadn’t got a team place 

he came to one of our mid season meetings and was interviewed in the interval in which he said he was hoping to “ be back soon”. Most fans really hoped that didn’t happen as the guests were scoring far more than Josh had been doing  

For a variety of reasons, many not his fault but bad luck and fate,  a massively unfulfilled talent. 

However he can walk relatively speaking in to retirement, and hopefully he won't come back and risk his long term well being. 

Edited by HGould
Spelling

15 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Where has that been announced?

It hasn't been....please see previous dialogue with 'Hobbit' !

It would however be a 'common sense' move/signing.....(IMO)

According to the Speedway Star, Birmingham have submitted a redeclaration to the BSPL, and are waiting approval. Or whether it is in the interest of the sport ...

Fair play to Morris, Sedgman and Bowtell who all performed above and beyond at Wimborne Road last night!!

2 hours ago, *JJ said:

According to the Speedway Star, Birmingham have submitted a redeclaration to the BSPL, and are waiting approval. Or whether it is in the interest of the sport ...

According to Rogers on the Brum forum, Wright will make a decision next week if he's returning ??? (he also said he was hopeful of Wright returning...)

Are we going through smoke and mirrors again?

Joe Thompson in for Ty Proctor with immediate effect.

Hopefully James will be fit for the home match against Edinburgh, he is working very hard on his rehab.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The H Man said:

Hopefully James will be fit for the home match against Edinburgh, he is working very hard on his rehab.   

So I wasn't dreaming it after all :D

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

So I wasn't dreaming it after all :D

Go on then , take the credit. I'm sure LR was sitting at home with his feet up counting his cash from last Wednesday when he saw your post and thought,  thats a good idea.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, The H Man said:

Now be brave and get Dan in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heathen52 said:

Now be brave and get Dan in.

I haven't dreamt that one!:D

But I think it's a great idea!

Edited by GiveusaB

Don’t forget Tero Arnio