British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Gorzow GP Saturday 24th June 2023

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

That's not quite right, R&R will be along in a minute to give you all a lesson :D

I can’t believe i have wasted my time these last few years !! Unbelievable Jeff !!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

All seem happy to be on the gravy train..

Winning is a "nice to do, optional extra".

Bartek is a generational talent but having it made so easy with riders quite content to play second fiddle...

Woffy tell us before the meeting his bikes are 10-15% fastest than any off the others,why can’t he beat them then.Just hanging around on the gravy train.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

All seem happy to be on the gravy train..

Winning is a "nice to do, optional extra".

Bartek is a generational talent but having it made so easy with riders quite content to play second fiddle...

I don't think it helps that we've only really seen him ride here as a Birmingham reserve for a couple of meetings, so there's still a big question mark around how he'd get on around our "special" tracks... he'd be awesome of course but we've never really seen a World Champion give Britain a complete swerve 

18 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You only get the points you are awarded in the Final.The others get the points they score in the meeting

Are you on a wind up ?

Edited by racers and royals
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Woffy tell us before the meeting his bikes are 10-15% fastest than any off the others,why can’t he beat them then.Just hanging around on the gravy train.

Fair play to Doyle and Freddie..

Old heads...

But they ride each race like "winning is everything"..

And take risks that others simply wont take...

Bartek is undoubtedly the most talented rider, but he is also one of the most brave and committed too..

Several of the other "talents" should reflect on how they do the "hard part of the job" if they ever want to compete with him...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Fair play to Doyle and Freddie..

Old heads...

But they ride each race like "winning is everything"..

And take risks that others simply wont take...

Bartek is undoubtedly the most talented rider, but he is also one of the most brave and committed too..

Several of the other "talents" should reflect on how they do the "hard part of the job" if they ever want to compete with him...

Agree Doyle and Freddie still get stuck in,as for Woffy.!!!

Zmarslik is a class above and all credit to him, but we need the other riders to get the elbows out and start to make things difficult for him.

I`m wondering if Rob Grant could get a wild card for next year.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Agree Doyle and Freddie still get stuck in,as for Woffy.!!!

I think that the several hundred thousand of pounds they earn in Poland means it is far better to be available each weekend for their Polish team, than take a "high risk" move on the Saturday at the GP..

Winning the World Championship doesnt bring huge reward, but it might enhance your sponsorship opportunities, but let's be honest, for most of the lads who ride at HL in Polands top league, their sponsorship is pretty damn good already... 

Why risk the "real big pay days"?..

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, screm said:

Zmarslik is a class above and all credit to him, but we need the other riders to get the elbows out and start to make things difficult for him.

I`m wondering if Rob Grant could get a wild card for next year.

He could do a”Tom Owen job”on Zmarzlik that would give him something to think about.!!

Edited by Fromafar

1 hour ago, CB252 said:

What's that, something like 44 straight GPs where Zmarzlik has made at least the Semi?And that's with or without the Russians in it.  Until someone else finds that formula they aren't going to challenge him.

The argument about tracks is a nonsense. Ask any of these riders where they would want GPs staged and they would pick these Polish tracks.  Where would you stage them where he wouldn't compete? Hold it at Monmore and he'd still win. He can stop the bike on a dime better than all of them. 

We had one on a German track as rough as a badgers arse and he beat them. We hold a round on a dodgy little track at Cardiff and he's made the final five times out of five visits.  He's consistently achieved on every track and type of track that this series is staged on.

Spot on

Thought the ref got all the decisions right (not many to make). All 4 in the first running of the final was sensible, then imo made a very easy decision to exclude Doyle. If there was any contact with Lindgren's dirt deflector it was very minimal & Doyle could certainly have stayed on, just laid it down for a re-run for me!

Thought Zmarzlik was VERY tough on Madsen in the final, bordering on dangerous & I thought should he be excluded for that? As I saw it he practically went full pelt into the corner willing to t-bone Madsen into the fence!

Then when I watched the re-plays, it didn't seem quite as bad, still a tough move though!

1 hour ago, CB252 said:

Lol he didn't stand up to him at all.  They both won 5 GPs and each gave as good as they got passing each other multiple times in the process. The difference at the end was 5th place and a win and 4th place and a win in the last two GPs.

Laguta's credentials are one unlikely title win and not even qualifying for the series on merit in any other year, while Zmarzlik's are a GP medal in 6 out of 7 seasons and comfortable qualification the other season. Top of the ekstraliga aves 7 out of the last 8 years?

Spot on

43 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Made himself look rather silly IMO ,a great rider once now no longer GP standard !

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Thought the ref got all the decisions right (not many to make). All 4 in the first running of the final was sensible, then imo made a very easy decision to exclude Doyle. If there was any contact with Lindgren's dirt deflector it was very minimal & Doyle could certainly have stayed on, just laid it down for a re-run for me!

Thought Zmarzlik was VERY tough on Madsen in the final, bordering on dangerous & I thought should he be excluded for that? As I saw it he practically went full pelt into the corner willing to t-bone Madsen into the fence!

Then when I watched the re-plays, it didn't seem quite as bad, still a tough move though!

His signature move...

If the riders move over and allow it, then fair play to him for keeping doing it...

Edit

A few weeks ago I watched Nicki P change his line and rode about four yards from the kerb down the straight when Bartek was doing his usual "nail them on the apex"...

On this occasion Bartek had to bail out or hit Nicki's back wheel as he cut across him...

Nicki obviously watches him race, maybe one or two of the GP lads could do the same,, ...:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TTT said:

Laguta and Emil are the only ones who can challenge Zmarzlik.

Whole GP series is pointless until they're allowed back in it.

Don't agree with that, there's still a world title to be won, plus rostrum places & top 6 spots to be earned. Tbh ever since permanent wild cards were introduced back in the early 2000s there hasn't always been the best riders in the series. I certainly remember Hans Andersen not getting a pick in 04/05/06? After he had slagged off some GP tracks the previous season so a weaker Iversen was given a wild card, that was the year there were no qualifiers, only top 8 & 7 wild card picks.

I do feel Laguta & Sayfutdinov should be allowed to ride as neutrals, but don't think they'd stop Zmarzlik tbh. But would probably lead to better racing!

Edited by szkocjasid
Spelling