• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Luke was in then out mate it's the mad rules 

Thanks mate I thought I had imagined it

2 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Does it?  They probably mean Kai.

Haha yea him as well bloody spelling

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

While it might be hoped he won't be tested in such a way, Bailey Fellows is permitted to take up to seven rides tonight.     

A rule amendment applying only to National League racing

Incorrect.

Number 8’s in the championship can take seven rides too, which came as a shock to the promoters when it was announced at the SCB seminars.

Edited by Fortythirtyeight
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

While it might be hoped he won't be tested in such a way, Bailey Fellows is permitted to take up to seven rides tonight.     

A rule amendment applying only to National League racing

Actually a rule applying to all 3 leagues.

Assume that 1-7 riders still have to complete thier minimum 3 rides though (unless withdrawn) so effectively an AR no 8 can only take a ride off a main rider once

3 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Luke was in then out mate it's the mad rules 

The rules, wether sensible or not, should be known. If I knew Luke could guest for Watson but not Embleton, then so should have Berwick!

Don't even need a long memory, look at Mildenhall's depleted team at the end of last season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Assume that 1-7 riders still have to complete thier minimum 3 rides though (unless withdrawn) so effectively an AR no 8 can only take a ride off a main rider once

The no.8 can now replace any rider at any time, but those declared riders in the 1-7 ( minus whoever the R/R was for to require a no. 8 )  must still take their three rides unless withdrawn through injury.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, screm said:

Taken from Facebook

Archie Freemen, who suffered a broken leg in his first race for Berwick Bandits Speedway Bullets in their defeat at Belle Bue Colts this afternoon.
Mum Gillian said: “Archie is currently sleeping off sedation, he's had a leg manipulation due to large amount of swelling from leg break of tib and fib. He will hopefully have an op in the morning and will spend 5 to 7 days in hospital.
“Will keep you all updated xxx”

Best wishes to Archie, hope you'll soon be back in the saddle once you're mended, horrible injury.  Take it steady with the recovery, and good luck to you Archie.

• Like 2

I understand rules are rules, but who makes them so stupid.

It is a real shame what happened at Belle Vue for Archie, Mason and loss of Josh today.

As a spectator who wants to see the best racing will not be going tonight as can only see a right drubbing, hope I am wrong.

Can I ask why Luke Harrison was not allowed to ride or was it just a change of heart from management at Berwick? 

Just now, secsy1 said:

It is a real shame what happened at Belle Vue for Archie, Mason and loss of Josh today.

As a spectator who wants to see the best racing will not be going tonight as can only see a right drubbing, hope I am wrong.

Can I ask why Luke Harrison was not allowed to ride or was it just a change of heart from management at Berwick? 

Would of been a drubbing anyway with or without a full team 

1 hour ago, secsy1 said:

Luke had accepted the guest ride however as Berwick wanted to use him instead of josh embleton they couldn't as a reserve must be replaced by an unattached rider below his average. It's a good rule which gives riders without a place an opportunity to ride

• Like 3
  • Sad 1