British Speedway Forum
mc131

Berwick 2023

Fantastic effort so far by Berwick at Leicester. I thought Leicester would be far too strong for them!

• Like 3

Under the circumstances Berwick can be very proud of their efforts tonight.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, screm said:

Under the circumstances Berwick can be very proud of their efforts tonight.

& I can't remember who's already wrote the bullets off ?? It's somewhere on this forum but the teams who normally are written off usually do well 

10 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

& I can't remember who's already wrote the bullets off ?? It's somewhere on this forum but the teams who normally are written off usually do well 

I expected Berwick to get the wooden spoon. Not because they looked awful, but because they looked slightly weak in a league full of very strong teams (on paper).

13 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I expected Berwick to get the wooden spoon. Not because they looked awful, but because they looked slightly weak in a league full of very strong teams (on paper).

Well we will see.. 

How long is Archie going to be out for?

If Berwick are a couple of points below the limit and he is going to be out for a while, I wonder if there is anyone to strengthen the team with. See Mason still hasn't scored a point yet this season so R/R not much use.

17 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

How long is Archie going to be out for?

If Berwick are a couple of points below the limit and he is going to be out for a while, I wonder if there is anyone to strengthen the team with. See Mason still hasn't scored a point yet this season so R/R not much use.

Very limited options even with almost 2 points spare. Bebee would fit for Watson and Kingston would fit in place of Freeman (haven't counted if a double switch fits). Berwick have been fortunate Halder has started the year well but theres a couple of passengers in the side.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Very limited options even with almost 2 points spare. Bebee would fit for Watson and Kingston would fit in place of Freeman (haven't counted if a double switch fits). Berwick have been fortunate Halder has started the year well but theres a couple of passengers in the side.

Don't think dropping riders should be an option after all this is N Development L

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Binman said:

Don't think dropping riders should be an option after all this is N Development L

Arguments are that RR shouldn't be used and unattached riders should be given the chances?  Its still a speedway league and out of form riders get dropped....unless there is competition for places the standard will only continue to drop.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Binman said:

But if a rider is last in 90% of his races, he's not really "developing" is he?

10 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Bebee won't be an option. Still struggling after a crash last season 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Binman said:

Don't disagree for those who have two teams like Berwick, but for clubs like Mildenhall, this is all they have, it's a league title at the end of the day. 

• Like 2

Berwick’s not going to drop Watson, it was the whole idea of the Courtney’s set up. He had never rode a speedway bike until he rode at Duns, then into the NJL team, then into the NL team, and he’s a Berwicker

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Binman said:

Problem with that is, what if Watson keeps in scoring 0 & there's Ben Rathbone waiting in the wings wanting a chance? Do they refuse to drop Watson because it's a development league, which also means Rathbone won't get to develop?

Would they drop a 5 point Freeman for a 4 point Rathbone despite having 7 points to play with?