British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Diamonds85

Bellle Vue Colts 2023

Always put out decent sides, on paper anyway. Can't imagine Nathan Ablitt will be back and Jake Mulford signing for Redcar on a Friday means he won't be back either I'm guessing? I say them two out, and Bailey and a 2.00er in. Keep the rest the same.

1. Jack Smith

2. Sam McGurk

3. Harry McGurk

4. Archie Freeman

5. Connor Bailey

6. Freddie Hodder

7. Jack Shimelt?? Luke Harrison??

I'm pretty sure this just fits although I don't have the averages on my phone (bored at work on my break :D)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Always put out decent sides, on paper anyway. Can't imagine Nathan Ablitt will be back and Jake Mulford signing for Redcar on a Friday means he won't be back either I'm guessing? I say them two out, and Bailey and a 2.00er in. Keep the rest the same.

1. Jack Smith

2. Sam McGurk

3. Harry McGurk

4. Archie Freeman

5. Connor Bailey

6. Freddie Hodder

I'm pretty sure this just fits although I don't have the averages on my phone (bored at work on my break :D)

No such thing as an NDL 2.00er (or at least not this year) the difference between the number 7 choice is the difference between a strong play off side and another team that gets consistent away maulings. As ever though plenty of home track experts that are already well dialled in at NSS.

Archie has been mentioned on being in the new comets team, and I would like to have Luke Harrison in the comets team as well, but I will be happy just to have the comets back :t:

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 7:36 PM, Diamonds85 said:

1. Jack Smith

2. Sam McGurk

3. Harry McGurk

4. Archie Freeman

5. Connor Bailey

6. Freddie Hodder

Don't look like this was much of a well informed guess

• Haha 1

If Belle Vues choice to release riders then its a strange one with so few home meetings keeping riders who went well last year would have made more sense. A few notable names from Mildenhall not fixed up yet so could be heading the Colts way. 

9 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

If Belle Vues choice to release riders then its a strange one with so few home meetings keeping riders who went well last year would have made more sense. A few notable names from Mildenhall not fixed up yet so could be heading the Colts way. 

Its a misnomer about clubs releasing riders after the end of a season. All riders are self employed regardless of who's asset they are if they  decide to ride elsewhere there is nothing the parent club can do about it .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Its a misnomer about clubs releasing riders after the end of a season. All riders are self employed regardless of who's asset they are if they  decide to ride elsewhere there is nothing the parent club can do about it .

Completely agree but few riders opt away from the best race track in the country. Yes moving helps rider progression etc and of course a quick firm offer is hard to turn down. 

14 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Completely agree but few riders opt away from the best race track in the country. Yes moving helps rider progression etc and of course a quick firm offer is hard to turn down. 

Can't imagine why a young rider who wants to develop would want to leave the so called best track in the country that runs limited meetings and is not readily available for practice at anytime . 

• Like 3

On 12/17/2022 at 1:08 PM, mc131 said:

Mayb Bickley back as no1

Good chance unless Monarchs run aNDL Team IMO

young riders are learning that moving to different tracks help them really improve you have to learn all types of tracks rather than being a one track pony 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Don't look like this was much of a well informed guess

Don't get me wrong, I have ZERO inside information with ANY club. It's all just a big guess :D

• Like 1

With the increased speculation regarding commonwealth riders in the NDL would it be likely that the colts use James Pearson in their line up along with Sam Hagon, Jack Smith, Freddie Hodder, Jack Shimelt.