British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

Oxford Chargers 2023

5 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Hard to argue against them being strong favourites without him anyway. 

This is true. And it could potentially make them very strong again next season.

Whilst fully within the rules (for what they are worth) keeping Killeen in the 1-7 despite the numerous changes isn't really in the spirit of NL racing....although most other clubs would do the same. Not convinced the latest move is going to strengthen the side but its probably a less risky option than sticking with RR.

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Whilst fully within the rules (for what they are worth) keeping Killeen in the 1-7 despite the numerous changes isn't really in the spirit of NL racing....although most other clubs would do the same. Not convinced the latest move is going to strengthen the side but its probably a less risky option than sticking with RR.

Oxford obtain no advantage given he's on 3.00 average. Sam Woods/James Laker will score the same points whether they are a guest or named no 7..

However

Signing, and then operating rider replacement for Kelsey Dugard after just one and a half meetings is another discussion.

But by replacing RR for Dugard (extra rides for Kinsley,Scott and Clouting) with Jason Garrad they have weakened their team.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Oxford obtain no advantage given he's on 3.00 average. Sam Woods/James Laker will score the same points whether they are a guest or named no 7..

However

Signing, and then operating rider replacement for Kelsey Dugard after just one and a half meetings is another discussion.

But by replacing RR for Dugard (extra rides for Kinsley,Scott and Clouting) with Jason Garrad they have weakened their team.

They've never replaced RR with Jason Garrad have they? Garrad was used as a replacement for Killeen against Kent.

2 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

They've never replaced RR with Jason Garrad have they? Garrad was used as a replacement for Killeen against Kent.

Yes they have, look at the latest issue of the Greensheets.

(Oddly I could see no announcement about this on Oxford's social media so I can see how you missed it I did too until I picked up this thread)

1 minute ago, arnieg said:

(Oddly I could see no announcement about this on Oxford's social media so I can see how you missed it I did too until I picked up this thread)

Really? Crikey. I didn't realise that. In that case, totally agree, it does make them weaker.

And you're right, I haven't seen an announcement either.

42 minutes ago, arnieg said:

That's a strange move. Why not replace Killeen with Garrad, and keep the R/R for Dugard? Makes them much stronger.

19 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

That's a strange move. Why not replace Killeen with Garrad, and keep the R/R for Dugard? Makes them much stronger.

Excellent point. Clouting and Garrad at reserve is far stronger than Garrad and unattached guest. Kinsley and Scott alone would have likely got 4-6 from RR then everything else is a bonus.

• Like 1

Unless Garrad has been signed as a 28 day injury replacement for Dugard? Whilst they don’t want to remove Killeen from their team incase he’s fit for the play-off final. 

6 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Unless Garrad has been signed as a 28 day injury replacement for Dugard? Whilst they don’t want to remove Killeen from their team incase he’s fit for the play-off final. 

Only a home match on 26th coming up, would seem a bit pointless.

Does seem a strange move thou, a definite backward step.

12 hours ago, arnieg said:

However

Cannot understand why they have done that, be interesting to see the reasoning behind that. Certainly makes them a lot weaker for me, especially moving Clouting from the reserve berth too!

• Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 12:25 AM, szkocjasid said:

Cannot understand why they have done that, be interesting to see the reasoning behind that. Certainly makes them a lot weaker for me, especially moving Clouting from the reserve berth too!

In last night’s programme, Schroeck says “ Kelsey Dugard is really struggling with a ligament injury and he shouldn’t ride again this season. He only did a couple of meetings for us, and we didn’t want to get into an Eddie Kennett type situation where we were taking advantage of  rider replacement for a rider who has hardly ridden for us, especially in the National League, which is all about rider development. He then goes on to say why Garrad. He also mentions they are monitoring the Killeen situation but are not writing off his season quite yet.

Edited by Anzum
Correcting auto correct!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Anzum said:

In last night’s programme, Schroeck says “ Kelsey Dugard is really struggling with a ligament injury and he shouldn’t ride again this season. He only did a couple of meetings for us, and we didn’t want to get into an Eddie Kennett type situation where we were taking advantage of  rider replacement for a rider who has hardly ridden for us, especially in the National League, which is all about rider development. He then goes on to say why Garrad. He also mentions they are monitoring the Killeen situation but are not writing off his season quite yet.

Credit to Oxford for that attitude, just feel it could cost them the league title!

5 hours ago, Anzum said:

Why Garrad then? Don't get me wrong he seems like a great option on a 3.00 average and I am glad he's got a team place, just curious as to what Shroeck's take on him is? Think Garrad at reserve could do a decent enough job

7 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Why Garrad then? Don't get me wrong he seems like a great option on a 3.00 average and I am glad he's got a team place, just curious as to what Shroeck's take on him is? Think Garrad at reserve could do a decent enough job

“ In that  league (NL),if there’s a decent rider to bring in, you should, s we’ve signed Jason Garrad, who won heat 2 for us at Kent. Jason has been on our radar for a while, and he will add some experience to the reserve berths.”

Edited by Anzum
  • Like 1