British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

Oxford Chargers 2023

On 12/24/2022 at 9:41 AM, phillipsr said:

Ill bet that Harrison at Workington adds more!! 

Ditto

7 hours ago, arnieg said:

Ditto

You’d hope Killeen - a rider starting on a 3.00 average that also has a spot in a Championship team - to add more in my opinion. Otherwise Oxford have got it very wrong for the Cheetahs. 

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

You’d hope Killeen - a rider starting on a 3.00 average that also has a spot in a Championship team - to add more in my opinion. Otherwise Oxford have got it very wrong for the Cheetahs. 

Would yous take a  new Zealand rider who rode under a lot of pressure over here last season up north & has bags of potential & would do a good job in the national League 

Edited by Justgotmecpc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

They have got it wrong

12 minutes ago, mc131 said:

They have got it wrong

Personally think Luke k will do a good job if allowed time to settle in the championship. Lots of speculation of how the new riders will do on this thread from my point of view regardless of scores or averages if our rider is better at the end than the start it's been a success. The league is about development and before anyone has a fit I know everyone likes to win but for us it's not the be all and end all . If the rider succeeds so does the team . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bojangles said:

No i think Killen will to very well, i would think he will double his average and more… but Harrison will finish around 8pt mark IMO 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Would yous take a  new Zealand rider who rode under a lot of pressure over here last season up north & has bags of potential & would do a good job in the national League 

But I don't think Congreve is eligible for the NL. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

If George Congreve was eligible, i'd have him in the NDL in a heartbeat and to be honest if he hadn't been thrown to the lions as he was at Newcastle last year i think he'd have a Championship spot in 2023. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Personally think Luke k will do a good job if allowed time to settle in the championship. Lots of speculation of how the new riders will do on this thread from my point of view regardless of scores or averages if our rider is better at the end than the start it's been a success. The league is about development and before anyone has a fit I know everyone likes to win but for us it's not the be all and end all . If the rider succeeds so does the team . 

I just think he should of got a run in nl 1st which would settle him, he had a fair amount of crashes didn't score in champ he got chucked in 2 early last time and it backfired

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

excatly i,d have  harrison in my team,young english bringing him through the ranks.

On 12/27/2022 at 8:28 PM, arnieg said:

But I don't think Congreve is eligible for the NL. 

Think the rules have changed which may allow it to happen 

On 12/27/2022 at 7:57 PM, phillwhitewasmad said:

Absolutely spot on 

• Like 1

Any ideas for the final spot then? 3.67  to play with if I'm correct.

I'd go with Jamie Halder as a little bit of experience down at reserve if he's still going. Way better than his 3.04 average suggests, just been fairly unlucky with injuries and finding himself in the main body, which I don't think he would in this Oxford team. Eventually Clouting and Halder at reserve would be very strong.

On 12/27/2022 at 4:47 PM, Bojangles said:

On 12/27/2022 at 7:42 PM, mc131 said:

They have got it wrong

Not a big issue for Oxford if it's too soon for Killeen in the Champ, just replace him with the next best 2.00 rider Ablitt!