British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PowerfulPierre

Leicester Lion Cubs 2023

40 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Had it confirmed today the Cubs 1-7 is in place . 

Ashton Boughen has been offered a contract & will be in the Cubs team in 2023 . 5 riders are returning & 2 new riders coming into the team. 

If true I am looking forward to an exciting season with bright young talents

Working on the assumption of Dan and Coles stepping out with Boughen it leaves 8.7 for the final rider but with limited options i can see this team being built a couple of points under. The talents are certainly there but with each carrying a bit more pressure and a little less assistance in camp it could prove a tougher year for the Cubs.

On 12/8/2022 at 1:26 PM, RoundTheBoards said:

I'd say Leicester will include  Joe Thompson, Max Perry, Tom Spencer, Ashton Boughen and Max James.

On 12/9/2022 at 10:40 AM, SSL84 said:

Ashton boughen will be at Oxford 100% fact.

54 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Had it confirmed today the Cubs 1-7 is in place . 
Ashton Boughen has been offered a contract & will be in the Cubs team in 2023 .

Anyone wanting to rethink Oxford's 100% fact yet?

19 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Working on the assumption of Dan and Coles stepping out with Boughen it leaves 8.7 for the final rider but with limited options i can see this team being built a couple of points under. The talents are certainly there but with each carrying a bit more pressure and a little less assistance in camp it could prove a tougher year for the Cubs.

I am told Dan is in the team because he has not got a championship side . 

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

D Thompson  9.73
J Thompson  9.11
M Perry  5.67
T Spencer 5.26
A Boughen 4.95
V Foord  3.85
M James  3.00

God looking side is that

4 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

Ridiculous if he hasn't a cl spot just shows how bad the league is with the 2 pointers goin to be out classed and a young very good up and coming rider on the side lines 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

So he can get a Premiership place but not a Championship place?! He clearly needs a middle tier spot, rather than NL, for his overall development but that’s British Speedway all over!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Islander15 said:

So he can get a Premiership place but not a Championship place?! He clearly needs a middle tier spot, rather than NL, for his overall development but that’s British Speedway all over!

Dan’s average in the Championship is so over inflated by his form at Leicester that he is a huge risk for any Championship team to take on .
Let’s be honest would any other club other then Leicester have taken Dan as a rising star in the Premiership ? 

3 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

Dan’s average in the Championship is so over inflated by his form at Leicester that he is a huge risk for any Championship team to take on .
Let’s be honest would any other club other then Leicester have taken Dan as a rising star in the Premiership ? 

Just looked through whos signed on as rs he's one of the strongest no7 imo

6 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

Yeah I understand that and each individual club have to look after their own business first. Therefore should Brits under 21 get a bigger reduction in average than Brits over 21? For example, 20%, and that might have made Dan a better proposition to promoters. But not just Dan, all young Brits.

• Like 1

I must say I am rather surprised but pleased that Ashton Boughen has chosen to ride for Leicester rather than Oxford, I thought that with the Peter Shoroeck and Jason Crump connection that is where he would be.

However I am told that option of unlimited free practice sessions and some sponsorship has convinced him to ride for Leicester in 2023

In no particular order team announced so far:

Dan Thompson, Joe Thompson, Max Perry, Tom Spencer, Vinnie Foord, Ashton Boughen

Edited by StevePark
to add Boughen

Do you believe us now . Boughen will be 100% at Leicester next season 

• Like 1

100% crap