British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PowerfulPierre

Leicester Lion Cubs 2023

Really enjoyed last night's meeting . And fair play to Berwick. Most people thought it was going to be a hammering but they were solid and gave everything throughout. The Leicester side looks so promising. They are so young and lack experience but both Max's got stronger as the meeting went on and look future stars. Ashton looks a tidy rider too and just needs time and patience. Dan T is nearly unbeatable at Leicester..he's definitely claiming to big scalps in the prem. Well done to both sides. 

Also, I liked the flags around the stadium, I also noticed the painted fences that look smart. The flood lights are fantastic but I think they need tilting a little towards the track more. The centre green seemed brighter than the track it's self..

Overall a great night of speedway made by max James doing a super ride on his own ! The fans were super noisy when he won..what a fantastic moment for him..highlight of the night!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Really enjoyed last night's meeting . And fair play to Berwick. Most people thought it was going to be a hammering but they were solid and gave everything throughout. The Leicester side looks so promising. They are so young and lack experience but both Max's got stronger as the meeting went on and look future stars. Ashton looks a tidy rider too and just needs time and patience. Dan T is nearly unbeatable at Leicester..he's definitely claiming to big scalps in the prem. Well done to both sides. 

Also, I liked the flags around the stadium, I also noticed the painted fences that look smart. The flood lights are fantastic but I think they need tilting a little towards the track more. The centre green seemed brighter than the track it's self..

Overall a great night of speedway made by max James doing a super ride on his own ! The fans were super noisy when he won..what a fantastic moment for him..highlight of the night!

I said the same thing about the lights.

The home straight looked quite dark when viewing from the back straight but they are definitely an improvement.

I know I keep banging on about him, but I honestly think Ashton Boughen is one of the most exciting talents I’ve seen in a long time. 

• Like 3

Just curious why the track was prepared the way it was tonight. Clearly too grippy for the kids and seemed the complete opposite from Monday. Surely the other way round would make sense. But then again I'm no expert. 

11 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

Just curious why the track was prepared the way it was tonight. Clearly too grippy for the kids and seemed the complete opposite from Monday. Surely the other way round would make sense. But then again I'm no expert. 

With an afternoon practice to get dialled in a grippy Leicester at NL is a huge advantage.  The score would have been similar if the track was slick. The difference between the two sides is vast.

3 hours ago, Bojangles said:

I know I keep banging on about him, but I honestly think Ashton Boughen is one of the most exciting talents I’ve seen in a long time. 

Looking forward to see how he goes at worky 2morrow :D

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Neila said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if there are a few Championship bosses watching him there tomorrow as well. He should be eligible in August I think. 

Edited by Bojangles

4 hours ago, Bojangles said:

The telling moment was the way he reacted when Ablitt packed up inches in front of him (ht 6) skillfully changing line to avoid an almighty collision.

21 hours ago, Neila said:

Very impressed with the young lad, the race with Ben trigger was epic both neck and neck passing inside/outside for 4 laps 

• Like 1

Dan Thompson out for 12 days due to being concussed at Peterborough last night. I think that means he misses the next three Cub's meetings.

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

Dan Thompson out for 12 days due to being concussed at Peterborough last night. I think that means he misses the next three Cub's meetings.

Yes he will miss it I think. Could do R/R and still think Leicester should win against belle Vue. 

Belle Vue V Leicester moved from Friday 9th June to Friday 8th September 
as James Pearson and both Thompson twins would of been missing due to the rearranged Scunthorpe V Birmingham KOC meeting. 
Good move now can attend both legs of this encounter. Full team hopefully for the new date in September.

Will be at the home one on Saturday.

Edited by ellioth4
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ellioth4 said:

Belle Vue V Leicester moved from Friday 9th June to Friday 8th September 
as James Pearson and both Thompson twins would of been missing due to the rearranged Scunthorpe V Birmingham KOC meeting. 
Good move now can attend both legs of this encounter. Full team hopefully for the new date in September.

Will be at the home one on Saturday.

A real shame for those of us from Leicester that were making a mini road trip taking in Cubs vs Belle Vue on the Friday and then Cubs vs Workington the following day.  Hotel bookings now having to be cancelled and travel arrangements re-organised.  The joys of a speedway supporter!!!

On 5/30/2023 at 12:03 PM, DiveBomb said:

Yes he will miss it I think. Could do R/R and still think Leicester should win against belle Vue. 

Dan T out. Vinnie Foord out. Will Ashton B. be missing as well ? there is a Youth Event at Edinburgh at 1-30 .