British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PowerfulPierre

Leicester Lion Cubs 2023

With the senior team pretty well sorted, thoughts now on the victorious cubs to go forward into 2023.  Who would you like to see back next year?  I'll kick off with Max Perry. It was fantastic to see how he came onin '22 season.

32 minutes ago, PowerfulPierre said:

With the senior team pretty well sorted, thoughts now on the victorious cubs to go forward into 2023.  Who would you like to see back next year?  I'll kick off with Max Perry. It was fantastic to see how he came onin '22 season.

Can't really see Dan t back but mayb Joe t?

• Haha 1

With Plymouth not running I'd look to seeing Ben Trigger return. Max James must be a highly likely addition and I'd be happy to see all of the others return bar Dan who has outgrown the league.

• Like 2

How about?

Leicester  
Joe Thompson 9.11
Connor Coles 8.80
Ben Trigger 6.00
Max Perry 5.67
Tom Spencer 5.26
Vinnie Foord 3.85
Max James 3.00
Total 41.69

Under the limit and a dangerous potential side. Limited improvement from Joe T and Coles (who is riding at Berwick sat nights so feels unlikely?). Spencer seems to ramp his average up early and yet always finish the season on an appealing sub 6 figure.

14 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Under the limit and a dangerous potential side. Limited improvement from Joe T and Coles (who is riding at Berwick sat nights so feels unlikely?). Spencer seems to ramp his average up early and yet always finish the season on an appealing sub 6 figure.

Good point, forgot about that. Coles may double up with Bandits & Bullets

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

2021 his GSA  included 13 from 5 at Eastbourne that got knocked off at end of season hence the drop in his final GSA for that season..

On 12/6/2022 at 8:39 PM, szkocjasid said:

How about?

Leicester  
Joe Thompson 9.11
Connor Coles 8.80
Ben Trigger 6.00
Max Perry 5.67
Tom Spencer 5.26
Vinnie Foord 3.85
Max James 3.00
Total 41.69

Cannot see Coles happening as he has signed for Berwick in the CL who are a Saturday night club

51 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Cannot see Coles happening as he has signed for Berwick in the CL who are a Saturday night club

This week's Speedway Star says that Coles isn't in the Lion Cubs 2023 team due to the clash of Saturdays with Berwick CL.  I can imagine Connor will double up with the two Berwick teams.

I'd say Leicester will include  Joe Thompson, Max Perry, Tom Spencer, Ashton Boughen and Max James. 

21 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

This week's Speedway Star says that Coles isn't in the Lion Cubs 2023 team due to the clash of Saturdays with Berwick CL.  I can imagine Connor will double up with the two Berwick teams.

I'd say Leicester will include  Joe Thompson, Max Perry, Tom Spencer, Ashton Boughen and Max James. 

Ashton boughen will be at Oxford 100% fact.

3 hours ago, SSL84 said:

Ashton boughen will be at Oxford 100% fact.

Well he will be at Oxford when Leicester visit.   But it's not 100% fact because he could be injured or unavailable.   

Had it confirmed today the Cubs 1-7 is in place . 

Ashton Boughen has been offered a contract & will be in the Cubs team in 2023 . 5 riders are returning & 2 new riders coming into the team. 

If true I am looking forward to an exciting season with bright young talents

• Like 1