British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2023

55 minutes ago, Wardey said:

Thanks. Hope that doesnt stop him from getting a NDL place this season

As much as i like Max im not really sure how a rider who would have clocked 12.00 bar following home a team mate once is going to land a team place, its just too big a chunk of points used. Personally i think it would be nice to restrict the use of riders on high averages (to force rider progression up through and out the NDL) no 9+ riders for example but average manipulation would likely go crazy.

My bigger hope is that Max lands a CL place as him missing out there after a strong finish with Leicester would be especially harsh.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wardey said:

Thanks. Hope that doesnt stop him from getting a NDL place this season

Hes in the bracket of to good for nl but not kicked on in cl I can see him missing out on nl 

Max was absolutely brilliant in Diamonds colours, he really was the master of Brough. I'm sure if our club hadn't been destroyed by the meat man he'd have been in our line up without question. I really really do hope the likes of Max and Matty can get fixed up somewhere, they were amazing for us and it's a massive shame to see them frozen out of speedway entirely. Having riders such as Joe Alcock, Sam Woolley and Jamie Halder on falsely low averages surely means there could be space for Max and Ben Morley at Kent, I'd love to see it.

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 4:01 PM, hawks 1975 said:

I also rate Ben Trigger, and I wonder whether another of last year's Centurions might be in the frame in Rhys Naylor? 

Last season was my first season watching live speedway for many years, and this team is based around what I saw

How about?

1 Alfie Bowtell        10.67

2 Rhys Naylor            4.52

3 Ben Trigger             6.00

4 Joe Allcock             4.36

5 Ben Morley              9.29

6 Connor King            4.16

7 Chris Watts             3.00

If my averages and maths are correct that totals 42 exactly.

A couple of thoughts, if Ben Trigger were to sign I think that he could add a point to his average, he rode really well when he visited. Hopefully Joe has fully recovered from his injuries and can put a couple of points on his average. That, I feel would give the team a bit more strength in depth. 

However, it's all a guessing game at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Think you could be spot on there, Come On The Skipper, unless Si has got a new three pointer up his sleeve!

11 hours ago, Come on the Skipper said:

Last season was my first season watching live speedway for many years, and this team is based around what I saw

How about?

1 Alfie Bowtell        10.67

2 Rhys Naylor            4.52

3 Ben Trigger             6.00

4 Joe Allcock             4.36

5 Ben Morley              9.29

6 Connor King            4.16

7 Chris Watts             3.00

If my averages and maths are correct that totals 42 exactly.

A couple of thoughts, if Ben Trigger were to sign I think that he could add a point to his average, he rode really well when he visited. Hopefully Joe has fully recovered from his injuries and can put a couple of points on his average. That, I feel would give the team a bit more strength in depth. 

However, it's all a guessing game at the moment.

That’s the team I’d like to see. 

2 hours ago, StrangerKings said:

That’s the team I’d like to see. 

There's a lot to be said about keeping the home fans happy, after all they are what keep the venture afloat. Trophies and league success are always a bonus but exciting home wins keep the gates open.

• Like 1

Team now announced in full

Ben Morley            9.29

Connor King          4.16

Joe Alcock           4.36

Sam Woolley         3.27

Tom Woolley        6.78

Nathan Ablitt        7.20

Rhys Naylor          4.52

If my averages and maths are correct that totals 39.58.

That Kent side has a much more balanced look about it.

Pleased to see Ablitt back again, after a years experience in the Championship I think he will be pushing Ben for the no 1spot. 

Think 2 points under is bold. A lot rests on Ablitt getting to grips with Iwade, Joe finding his pre injury form and the others riding sensibly. Theres a lot of potential in the tail but equal potential to throw points away. Good news is that they should all get on and have good morale.....bad news is they will need it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flipper11 said:

That Kent side has a much more balanced look about it.

Pleased to see Ablitt back again, after a years experience in the Championship I think he will be pushing Ben for the no 1spot. 

Won't get near Ben 

• Like 1

There is more strength in depth this year by tracking 3 heat leaders, rather than a very strong top 2, but in a stronger league Kent’s top 3 don’t match Oxford’s for example. The bottom 3 look a bit stronger for Kent too with a useful rider always at number 7, but then they’ve not picked up a rider who could double their average like Oxford, Leicester and Workington all have. The league looks slightly stronger next season with a higher points limit and less teams and in my opinion this Kent side is in for a struggle. But as long as they win at home to keep the fans happy. 

22 hours ago, Come on the Skipper said:

Team now announced in full

Ben Morley            9.29 

Connor King          4.16

Joe Alcock           4.36

Sam Woolley         3.27

Tom Woolley        6.78

Nathan Ablitt        7.20

Rhys Naylor          4.52

If my averages and maths are correct that totals 39.58.

I like the strength in depth, starting season with CK at reserve is a bonus. I felt we were too top heavy last year so prefer the balance of this side.

Edited by FinnThomsen

15 hours ago, Islander15 said:

There is more strength in depth this year by tracking 3 heat leaders, rather than a very strong top 2, but in a stronger league Kent’s top 3 don’t match Oxford’s for example. The bottom 3 look a bit stronger for Kent too with a useful rider always at number 7, but then they’ve not picked up a rider who could double their average like Oxford, Leicester and Workington all have. The league looks slightly stronger next season with a higher points limit and less teams and in my opinion this Kent side is in for a struggle. But as long as they win at home to keep the fans happy. 

That Oxford team is looking lethal! On paper I don’t think many can touch them. Just hope the big number support them, was class watching the Cheetahs Vs Pirates last year with big numbers in attendance 

• Like 1

While the Kent team doesn't look bad compared to last years. Workington, Leicester & Oxford look incredibly strong imo. So while it's hard to judge when other clubs either haven't made signings or confirmed their participation in the league, it seems the other clubs will be fighting for the remaining top 4 spot.

Edited by szkocjasid
Spelling
  • Like 1