British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2023

On 5/12/2023 at 3:57 PM, Old Crusader said:

What average does he come in on please?

• Thanks 1

Sounds like even though Garrad is a bit race rusty, sound like he's still got something about him, could be a good option rather than persevering with Sam or if Connor's injury is bad?

• Like 1

Sam's can't seem to stay on his bike. Throws points away. Extremely frustrating to watch. Why do they keep persevering with him? 

1 minute ago, Old Crusader said:

Sam's can't seem to stay on his bike. Throws points away. Extremely frustrating to watch. Why do they keep persevering with him? 

He's a decent rider to be fair... But seems to have started slowly this season for whatever reason...

4 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Sounds like even though Garrad is a bit race rusty, sound like he's still got something about him, could be a good option rather than persevering with Sam or if Connor's injury is bad?

Not sure that we be a popular choice given he wiped Connor out. Certainly quick out the gate but wild/over riding. Finished the meeting in a sling so that diagnosis will need to be made first.

He seems to have come out of the crash reasonably okay. He has apparently been signed off for 9 days due to concussion protocols. There are some pictures on the Royals Facebook page showing the lead up to the crash, and also some of his bike, which appears to be a write off. He commented on Facebook.

"I’m okay, going for checks today as lower back has tightened up."

• Thanks 1

A further update from the Royals Facebook, as part of their match report.

The second staging of the race saw Royals reserve Connor King make a flying start and lead the race holding on despite the pressure that he was coming under from Jason Garrad. On the last bend of the last lap, Garrad made a dive up the inside, collecting the unsuspecting King which sent him flying into the fence. An eerie hush descended around The Old Gun Site and Connor was clearly in some discomfort as the medics attended to the stricken racer. King was taken off the track in the ambulance and made his own way to hospital for further checks. Speaking a few hours after the meeting Kent manager Jamie Willis gave the following update on Connor’s condition. “Connor is okay considering the horrible crash. Obviously, he is battered and bruised and will take a few days to start to feel normal again. Providing nothing else comes to light after the adrenaline wears off, he’ll be back in the side for our trip to Leicester”.

• Thanks 1

With the news that Jack Kingston is out for the rest of the season & Rhys Naylor not looking at being back soon, could Kent look at bringing in Kyle Bickley & a 3 point reserve. Out of interest how old is Sonny Springer & can he come in as that 3 pointer. I know that it’s quite a journey for Bickley but have bike will travel. The team could possibly look  like this.

1. Kyle Bickley,    8.63

2. Tom Wooley,    6.47

3. Nathan Ablitt,    8.00

4. Connor King,     3.68

5. BenMorley,        8.32

6. Ashton Vale,     3.00

7. Sonny Springer,   3.00

TOTAL.                     41.10

20 minutes ago, dave1075 said:

With the news that Jack Kingston is out for the rest of the season & Rhys Naylor not looking at being back soon, could Kent look at bringing in Kyle Bickley & a 3 point reserve. Out of interest how old is Sonny Springer & can he come in as that 3 pointer. I know that it’s quite a journey for Bickley but have bike will travel. The team could possibly look  like this.

1. Kyle Bickley,    8.63

2. Tom Wooley,    6.47

3. Nathan Ablitt,    8.00

4. Connor King,     3.68

5. BenMorley,        8.32

6. Ashton Vale,     3.00

7. Sonny Springer,   3.00

TOTAL.                     41.10

I think at this point the objective us to get through to the end of the season. I can't see how throwing money at Bickley is going to help that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

I think at this point the objective us to get through to the end of the season. I can't see how throwing money at Bickley is going to help that.

Quite a journey! It’s a lifetime .:blink:

Kyle has a lot of equipment for sale on Facebook .