British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cast1rn

Season Tickets

Just picked up the season tickets and thought to myself, Why the hell did they knock back 2 home 2 away meetings for this year??

8 home meetings is somewhat disheartening when as some have previously mentioned the season runs from April till October that’s 24 weeks and only 8 home league meetings to fill the gap.

this years ticket covers 8 home league meetings, two diddy cup meetings and 1 KO cup round.

the premier if I’m also not mistaken are running 2h/2a , the pairs competition and the KO cup?

So why was the assumed 2h/2a meetings reversed at the very last minute??

To suit clubs who run teams in both the Championship and the NDL perhaps? Too tight a schedule for them? 

Do you need to go to all 11 meetings to come out ahead? Not sure that they represent great value. 

Is it always about the value or what you can get out of it? Without season ticket sales I'm sure some clubs may not be able to start the season without that income. Not everybody is looking for a freebie. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Beirao said:

To suit clubs who run teams in both the Championship and the NDL perhaps? Too tight a schedule for them? 

Do you need to go to all 11 meetings to come out ahead? Not sure that they represent great value. 

Hundred percent agree with the chap below, we (the wife and I) both get season tickets even if we’ll miss any because

A. We want to support our club

B. I’m not looking for £36 after work before heading to the speedway each week.

I think it works out a £ cheaper a meeting to get the season ticket.

Because last season had 2 more teams 1 home 1 away meeting, but still dispite what was one of the best summers ever. The season struggled to finish in 2st week of November..

Also IMO in these financial hard times , less is more, maybe have regular meetings every 2 weeks at home, through May to mid August then run play offs August bank holiday weekend .

9 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Just picked up the season tickets and thought to myself, Why the hell did they knock back 2 home 2 away meetings for this year??

8 home meetings is somewhat disheartening when as some have previously mentioned the season runs from April till October that’s 24 weeks and only 8 home league meetings to fill the gap.

this years ticket covers 8 home league meetings, two diddy cup meetings and 1 KO cup round.

the premier if I’m also not mistaken are running 2h/2a , the pairs competition and the KO cup?

So why was the assumed 2h/2a meetings reversed at the very last minute??

Yes if your team gets knocked out in the 1st round of the cup, only eleven home meetings, not a lot of meetings for clubs to make money,or for fans to watch.

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

Yes if your team gets knocked out in the 1st round of the cup, only eleven home meetings, not a lot of meetings for clubs to make money,or for fans to watch.

Guess we’ll be going to Armadale and Berwick for their home matches to fill up on the speedway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

I certainly feel it was a huge mistake to reverse the decision for 2 home 2 away for league matches in 2023. Was the vote taken by the whole committee or as it should have been just Championship promoters? Certainly not the choice of the fans.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I certainly feel it was a huge mistake to reverse the decision for 2 home 2 away for league matches in 2023. Was the vote taken by the whole committee or as it should have been just Championship promoters? Certainly not the choice of the fans.

Agree,giving up to suit NDL seems to be the excuse.Disappointing for fans. IMO.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Not too late to change the decision" in the interests of the sport".

Considering lack of NDL Teams seems a strange decision.Most can run double headers or the odd free race day.IMO.Like some are saying will Promotions have enough fixtures to make money or is it a case of losing less the way the sport is going.

5 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Jade Mudgway was all for the 2 home, 2 away meetings.

1 hour ago, mikebaker said:

Jade Mudgway was all for the 2 home, 2 away meetings.

From what I’ve heard the majority of teams were.

2 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

From what I’ve heard the majority of teams were.

Why was it overturned then.Don’t think what you heard was correct.IMO

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Why was it overturned then.Don’t think what you heard was correct.IMO

We’re already down by two teams if the result of being forced to go 16 home/ away meetings was financially not feasible then maybe we would be down by more than the two teams that were already gone.