British Speedway Forum
Pauldoveyspeedway

Predictions for Prem 2023 as teams stand ...

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Certainly nothing up top

26 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Thats why they call it a bungalow ....drrrrrr...

Whoosh!!

Well, King's Lynn's hopes of top 4 increase with every week that passes & Ipswich & Peterborough keep p!$$ing about. 

There's a lot to be said for get your team's done quickly, to much risk waiting on indecisive rider's & federations. 

If a rider says "don't know, not sure, may be", time to move on & find someone else. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Well, King's Lynn's hopes of top 4 increase with every week that passes & Ipswich & Peterborough keep p!$$ing about. 

There's a lot to be said for get your team's done quickly, to much risk waiting on indecisive rider's & federations. 

If a rider says "don't know, not sure, may be", time to move on & find someone else. 

True ......

On 1/20/2023 at 2:50 PM, Daniel Smith said:

King's Lynn's hopes of a top 4 spot increased as soon as it was decided their final match wouldn't count for the averages, leaving Jakobsen on his 5.04 starting ave!

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 7:01 PM, szkocjasid said:

King's Lynn's hopes of a top 4 spot increased as soon as it was decided their final match wouldn't count for the averages, leaving Jakobsen on his 5.04 starting ave!

The rule book dictated the match wasn’t counted for the averages as it was passed the cut off for the play offs.

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

The rule book dictated the match wasn’t counted for the averages as it was passed the cut off for the play offs.

Even as a Lynn fan it all looks incredibly dodgy, especially as the initial staging was rained off on a dry warm day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Even as a Lynn fan it all looks incredibly dodgy, especially as the initial staging was rained off on a dry warm day.

Oh I’m sure their was nothing untoward about it, rofl.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

9 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Oh I’m sure their was nothing untoward about it, rofl.

I've seen less dodgy looking Nigerian gold schemes......:P

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I've seen less dodgy looking Nigerian gold schemes......:P

What? You mean they're not legit? Oh crap!

• Haha 1

Assuming the ITK info is 100% spot on (Pedersen & Andersen to Panthers, Emil & Hume to Ipswich)

Predictions based off current 1-7's only (Not taking mid-season changes into account)

1. SHEFFIELD (Just solid from top to bottom and I can't find a fault in the side)

2. BELLE VUE (Young team where everyone has the potential to improve, Expecting to see at least 3 riders up their average)

3. PETERBOROUGH (Should win by big margins at Home with our spearhead along with Ben Cook at 6 who will love the Showground that should lead to us collecting a fair share of Bonus Points too, Andersen is a huge worry though which is why I can't rank Panthers any higher than 3rd despite us having an Elite No.1)

4. IPSWICH (Fantastic top two but weak at reserve, I don't think the tail end holds up away from Home tbh, I think the tail end will have it's moments but it'll miss more than it hits, BP's could be a struggle for Ipswich as it's difficult to see them winning by big enough margins but Doyle & Emil will see them into the play-offs)

5. LEICESTER (I get Lakeside Hammers / Eastbourne Eagles vibes with Leicester where they'll win easily at Home but falter on the road almost every week, Sedgmen in the 1-5 with Allen @ 6 is a concern imo considering the latter has been poor for a couple of years now)

6. KING'S LYNN (Doesn't have any firepower but they're solid enough to avoid last place imo due to KL having a strong No.6 all season)

7. WOLVES (Too many question marks hovering over the 1-7 imo, Wolves rely on their Home form to prop them up the table every year but every team should be strong at Home in 2023, Could finish 6th but KL do have that powerful reserve all season long which is why I give them the nod over Wolves)

PETERBOROUGH & IPSWICH to bail out in the Semi-Finals unless Panthers sign a strong 2nd string and Ipswich sign a strong reserve.

SHEFFIELD to get revenge on BELLE VUE in the Grand Final.

25 minutes ago, TTT said:

Assuming the ITK info is 100% spot on (Pedersen & Andersen to Panthers, Emil & Hume to Ipswich)

Predictions based off current 1-7's only (Not taking mid-season changes into account)

1. SHEFFIELD (Just solid from top to bottom and I can't find a fault in the side)

2. BELLE VUE (Young team where everyone has the potential to improve, Expecting to see at least 3 riders up their average)

3. PETERBOROUGH (Should win by big margins at Home with our spearhead along with Ben Cook at 6 who will love the Showground that should lead to us collecting a fair share of Bonus Points too, Andersen is a huge worry though which is why I can't rank Panthers any higher than 3rd despite us having an Elite No.1)

4. IPSWICH (Fantastic top two but weak at reserve, I don't think the tail end holds up away from Home tbh, I think the tail end will have it's moments but it'll miss more than it hits, BP's could be a struggle for Ipswich as it's difficult to see them winning by big enough margins but Doyle & Emil will see them into the play-offs)

5. LEICESTER (I get Lakeside Hammers / Eastbourne Eagles vibes with Leicester where they'll win easily at Home but falter on the road almost every week, Sedgmen in the 1-5 with Allen @ 6 is a concern imo considering the latter has been poor for a couple of years now)

6. KING'S LYNN (Doesn't have any firepower but they're solid enough to avoid last place imo due to KL having a strong No.6 all season)

7. WOLVES (Too many question marks hovering over the 1-7 imo, Wolves rely on their Home form to prop them up the table every year but every team should be strong at Home in 2023, Could finish 6th but KL do have that powerful reserve all season long which is why I give them the nod over Wolves)

PETERBOROUGH & IPSWICH to bail out in the Semi-Finals unless Panthers sign a strong 2nd string and Ipswich sign a strong reserve.

SHEFFIELD to get revenge on BELLE VUE in the Grand Final.

Leicester at 3 ,peterborough at 5th, battle between Ipswich and kings Lynn to make top 4, think the 2 and 6 for the lions will swap throughout season , they are experienced premiership duo especially at reserve and like I have said before,a team with 4 ausies will be in the play offs bar injuries,solid

All about making the play offs. You can sign who you want to win them 

19 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Leicester at 3 ,peterborough at 5th, battle between Ipswich and kings Lynn to make top 4, think the 2 and 6 for the lions will swap throughout season , they are experienced premiership duo especially at reserve and like I have said before,a team with 4 ausies will be in the play offs bar injuries,solid

Thats Wolves in the play offs then :t: