British Speedway Forum
frigbo

Peter Kelly

Sad news posted on social media today that former Belle Vue, Newcastle, Berwick, Stoke and Bradford rider Pete Kelly has passed away..

Another on gone.

RIP

There is a lot of history about him and some lovely photos on the Newcastle Speedway History website.

30 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

There is a lot of history about him and some lovely photos on the Newcastle Speedway History website.

He was a very loved and a complete rider, he did very well in a 60's Provincial League at BV I remember, and was a throughly good person to know. After being transferred to Newcastle Speedway from Stoke he moved to our area with his family and continued with his Painting and Decorating company. Always cheerful, he also looked as if he was upto something with his boyish cheeky look. Sadly after emigrating to OZ with his family he later deteriorated and for many years he was in a home. RIP Peter.

• Like 5

One night, years ago now, we attended a Crewe 'Kings' Reunion. When we we were returning from the Function, we shared a taxi with 'Taffy' Owen and Pete Kelly. I have never laughed so much in my life. The stories they told were so funny.

I will ever remember that trip in the taxi with fondness and appreciation.

Thanks for the memories.

Two great lads. May they both Rest in Peace. +

• Like 5