British Speedway Forum

On 12/4/2023 at 3:32 PM, TTT said:

Premiership is good value because of the riders who'll be over here, Got some top names and the playing field looks more equal.

Championship is terrible value though because you're paying more to watch a drastically weaker Championship product in 2024 than you watched this year....Pay more for less springs to mind.

Championship Speedway at £20 at the gate, don’t think £4 is over the Top for watching the same product.

Edited by Fromafar

I think BSN is the best thing to happen to British Speedway in recent seasons - in fact, as I have also said about 'Speedway Star' in the past, it is probably better than British Speedway deserves - especially the way the sport is now!!

And, of course, as Ben alluded to earlier, they have invested heavily in equipment over the past two years - and we can see the benefits clearly as the quality of the whole BSN show is much improved from their first few meetings when they first started out. It is now better than Eurosport in my opinion - I know that is probably not a high bar to set, but when you think about the number of people behind the scenes at BSN compared to Eurosport they trump Eurosport comfortably.

As someone else pointed out, at around £4 per meeting it sure beats spending hours and hours on the road travelling to meetings. I know some people have commented on the price rises but that is a fair point that Ben has made about VAT now coming into play. I guess if anything the first season BSN was probably too cheap, which maybe gave people a false perspective, but I can understand why they made it quite cheap; as obviously as 'a new venture' they needed to attract customers and so build up a fan base as it were.

If everything in life was as good a value as BSN the world would be a far better place! I will definitely be buying a BSN season pass again - happy days!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Wild Man Vic said:

I think BSN is the best thing to happen to British Speedway in recent seasons - in fact, as I have also said about 'Speedway Star' in the past, it is probably better than British Speedway deserves - especially the way the sport is now!!

And, of course, as Ben alluded to earlier, they have invested heavily in equipment over the past two years - and we can see the benefits clearly as the quality of the whole BSN show is much improved from their first few meetings when they first started out. It is now better than Eurosport in my opinion - I know that is probably not a high bar to set, but when you think about the number of people behind the scenes at BSN compared to Eurosport they trump Eurosport comfortably.

And BSN don't have those dreadful bimbos who plague broadcast motor sport events. I always fast-forward the one on Eurosport, and the one on the rallying programmes. So, Ben, no bimbos ... please?

I have no doubt about the production values that BSN offer, but I do have doubts about the product that the bspa come up with especially when it comes to teams ending up being filled with guests and missing riders for a whole host of reasons and seldom due to injury.

BSN is great value but I can't justify paying out for the product they are covering especially with losing Monmore. I may visit Perry Barr but may just accept my speedway days have finished. I've already cancelled speedway star, I won't take out the championship stream on BSN and won't be taking out Discovery + this year for 7 months. I may take the premiership streaming on BSN and justify it as being my Xmas prezzie from the mother in law. Disposable income is a lot less these days for everyone and I have to justify paying out for stuff. As a side note car insurance gone from £235 to £716. The World's gone mad. If I can't find cheaper the car may go and motorbiking days might be a thing of the past 

Superb value, Championship is a must but not sure re the Premiership.  It's very good coverage with the team involved on commentary. I'll be investing in 2024!

• Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 1:07 PM, bruno said:

BSN is great value but I can't justify paying out for the product they are covering especially with losing Monmore. I may visit Perry Barr but may just accept my speedway days have finished. I've already cancelled speedway star, I won't take out the championship stream on BSN and won't be taking out Discovery + this year for 7 months. I may take the premiership streaming on BSN and justify it as being my Xmas prezzie from the mother in law. Disposable income is a lot less these days for everyone and I have to justify paying out for stuff. As a side note car insurance gone from £235 to £716. The World's gone mad. If I can't find cheaper the car may go and motorbiking days might be a thing of the past 

That's some jump, mine went down I did shop around tho well compare the market.

I don’t know if BSN get compensated but another reason there excellent coverage is tarnished is when promoters call meetings off when clearly they have made no effort to get the track in a race able condition.

There are certain tracks where BSN go that I end up thinking, either it won’t be on, or the racing will be awful, through no fault of BSN or the riders.