British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cast1rn

Fixture lists

Quick glance at Glasgow fixtures no meeting between 14th April and 5th May? Assume similar at time be reflected in other teams. With such a reduced season why not just have a set night of say Friday and you have one home a fortnight. Looks better than what I'm seeing 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Theyre out , but the full extent of not having the two home and away set up.is now evident 

indeed.

Although in some cases fewer matches mean less financial losses.

A shame that there hasn't been more of an effort to alternate to fortnightly in some cases so Clubs have 2 home fixtures every 4 weeks.

At least with followers of soccer / rugby they are atuned to that and wouldn't be as put off by it as speedway fans used to a weekly dose will be.

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Quick glance at Glasgow fixtures no meeting between 14th April and 5th May? Assume similar at time be reflected in other teams. With such a reduced season why not just have a set night of say Friday and you have one home a fortnight. Looks better than what I'm seeing 

April 21 would probably be v Redcar if they beat Berwick in the KO Cup and April 28 would be Berwick should they prevail. 

Similar three week gap in May between May 12 and June 2 looks like reserved  dates for BSN and KO Cup  semis.

Just hope we progress in both competitions otherwise it's going to be a pretty sparse time. 

Most clubs have a back loaded fixture list being busy in August. Really need the weather to play ball then. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

There are 4 Fridays in May Glasgow has 1 meeting scheduled for the entire month.

The World Cup of speedway is making a welcome return and will be run once every 3 years………… let’s schedule Glasgow vs Poole on Friday the 28th July !!!!!!!!

come on people???

2 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

The clubs with NDL teams will be able to pad out their list, offer continuity to their fans.

I’m guessing I’m going to have to be an Armadale Devils fan to get my fix.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

The clubs with NDL teams will be able to pad out their list, offer continuity to their fans.

Only if they are interested and live local to the track,and the ones who don't won't be able to, Bandits 2 fixtures in May and June no wonder speedway is going down the pan.

Edited by Bandit59

3 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Rather go to worky support Connor and ace!!!

• Like 2

Just now, Gringo said:

Redcar don't have a home meeting in May.

Shambles 

Seeing the full list of our home matches, how thorp depressing  it is. P*#s poor. 
Overall , SIX matches against Scunthorpe ( nothing against Scunthorpe), will be sick to death of seeing them. 
this sport really is on death row, even for a die hard like me 

yet again, we have the  fixtures before we have all seven riders. Ridiculous . At least we csn look forward to winning the wooden spoon  again. 

Edited by the hobbit
  • Like 1

So let me get this right. Between 11th April and 7th June, Poole are scheduled to race in 7 meetings...................and 6 of them are against Plymouth.

Good to see the fixture planners understand "the entertainment business"

You got to feel a bit let down by that kind of planning :rolleyes:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

You could always come to Berwick in May for your fix oh wait a minute we've only 1 match!!!!