British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tosh1218

Press & practice days ?

It’s getting closer to the start of the season  for all leagues, can  anyone confirm if Scunthorpe are having one this season  Thanks in advance

“The seven supporters will then be placed into a random draw to see which rider they get. We will probably do the draw on our press and practice day before next season.  We will invite the seven supporters along then they can have their photo taken with their rider in their race-suit.”

Taken from website

3 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

It’s getting closer to the start of the season  for all leagues, can  anyone confirm if Scunthorpe are having one this season  Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Nothing on their fixture list. Maybe they are so good they don't need any practice ;)

50 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

“The seven supporters will then be placed into a random draw to see which rider they get. We will probably do the draw on our press and practice day before next season.  We will invite the seven supporters along then they can have their photo taken with their rider in their race-suit.”

Taken from website

After looking at the track calendar ;), rather than the fixture list as the track is used almost every weekend during the winter, I would take a guess for Friday 31st March.

Edited by IronScorpion

Asked Gail about our p/p this year - we are, date to be confirmed but likely to be the eve of 31.03 or 01.04

I can never understand why P&P day is during the week (having to book time off work if wanting to attend....plus kids are at school etc)....wouldn't a Saturday/Sunday be more suitable...

It's an opportunity to promote the Club etc.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

I can never understand why P&P day is during the week (having to book time off work if wanting to attend....plus kids are at school etc)....wouldn't a Saturday/Sunday be more suitable...

I think the clue is in the first P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

It’s really simple and in the name. It’s for the press and for the riders to practice. It’s not aimed at fans. 

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

Just now, Mr Blobby said:

It’s really simple and in the name. It’s for the press and for the riders to practice. It’s not aimed at fans. 

Which makes sense as at weekends the media are occupied with football, rugby etc.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

A missed opportunity to promote IMO....

52 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I think the clue is in the first P

And nothing comes from the first 'P' apart from a few poxy photos and 30 seconds local media coverage if you're lucky?

The press coverage should be promoting the sport in the area and aimed at 'new' faces, with a sample of the sport F.O.C !

52 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Which makes sense as at weekends the media are occupied with football, rugby etc.

Unless you follow Kings Lynn :D

25 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Unless you follow Kings Lynn :D

For exhibits A and B, I present to the court Norwich City and King's Lynn Town m'lud  :wink:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

For exhibits A and B, I present to the court Norwich City and King's Lynn Town m'lud  :wink:

The less said about them the better :o;)

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

The less said about them the better :o;)

Certainly the former at the moment! Think we'll be playing Southampton next season though ;)

43 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

A missed opportunity to promote IMO....

And nothing comes from the first 'P' apart from a few poxy photos and 30 seconds local media coverage if you're lucky?

The press coverage should be promoting the sport in the area and aimed at 'new' faces, with a sample of the sport F.O.C !

The only people who would attend would be the hardcore fans. A press and practice watching riders go round by themselves isn’t exactly going to appeal to fresh faces is it. 

As you said it’s to get pictures of the new one to seven and for some press guys to report and do some interviews about the new season. Press and practice sessions aren’t for getting fresh faces in to watch. If you’ve ever been to one they’re actually quite boring.