British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
piepower

FREE SPEEDWAY THIS WEEKEND 1ST E SPEEWAY EVENT

Hi Guys 

Well Sunday the 5th of March at Scunthorpe speedway there will be History where the UK will see for the 1st time E speedway! Also we have 500cc open so you can get your methonal fix. I have got some great prizes for the podium finishers including Rock oil & titans of dirt. The event is completely free to come and watch. If you can make it with the help of scorpion TV & Bsn we are streaming completely free also on the E speedway Facebook page. So come see the future , support the kids and have a great day 

https://www.facebook.com/espeedwayuk/

i'll be there

• Like 1

The meeting as a whole was well worth the watch, with amusing commentary keeping it interesting.

Mixing the E Speedway and petrol bikes was a big mistake.

A future for them is a reality, but they must be kept in a class of their own.

2 hours ago, secsy1 said:

Interested to know why you think this?

Did it make the eBikes seem worse and so they would seem better on their own, or was it just that you weren't interested in them?

Genuine questions with no agenda from me ;)

• Like 1

The e bikes were quicker than 125cc probably more comparable to a 250cc. I am not sure if the technology is there to develop a bike to be comparable to 500cc, would it just need a bigger/better battery? 

Edited by eric i

13 hours ago, secsy1 said:

The meeting as a whole was well worth the watch, with amusing commentary keeping it interesting.

Same as HenryW, i am interested in your opinion. Sadly i only caught the last 6 or so heats from a whopping 64 !!

But going by the commentator, it seemed the 2 females i think on the e bikes were unbeaten until the final. Where they finished behind the fuel bikes

Did i misunderstand ?

Quite amazing that some fans had the stamina to stand out in the cold watching 64 heats of racing. And the track looked in good shape

Firstly I watched all the E Speedway broadcast as I was genuinely interested

I would think common sense would prevail in why the E speedway Bikes and Petrol bikes should not be mixed.

Do Formula 1 and Formula E compete against each other, No. They are different categories

What would have been more interesting yesterday would have been a race on E Bikes between the likes of Max James, Luke Harrison and Jamie Etherington. Then asking them how they felt about the bikes.

• Like 1

Fair enough. And always good to get more opinions. But riders such as Robert Lambert and Martin Smolinski have ridden/ raced on electric speedway bikes before. And I thought they had positive opinions 

13 hours ago, eric i said:

The e bikes were quicker than 125cc probably more comparable to a 250cc. I am not sure if the technology is there to develop a bike to be comparable to 500cc, would it just need a bigger/better battery? 

It would have to be a bigger electric motor. Think of it as motor=engine and battery=fuel.....the bigger the motor, the more power......the bigger the battery, the longer it will go before needing to be recharged.

• Like 1

the ebikes certainly seemed to have a lot of torque, but seemed slower from the start, maybe the adjustment of not hearing the engine rev to know where you are with it, but then made up ground quite comfortably.

Seth Norman seemed to be the only one that was able to get the back end out on the ebikes, instead of 'riding' the bikes and relying on the torque

On 3/5/2023 at 7:44 PM, secsy1 said:

Why do you think mixing is bad ? 

On 3/6/2023 at 12:17 AM, eric i said:

The bike was no quicker than the 125 as you could see in the final ;)

5 hours ago, piepower said:

Why do you think mixing is bad ? 

Do Formula 1 and Formula E compete against each other, No. They are different categories.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2023 at 12:17 AM, eric i said:

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2023 at 9:52 AM, secsy1 said:

Firstly I watched all the E Speedway broadcast as I was genuinely interested

I would think common sense would prevail in why the E speedway Bikes and Petrol bikes should not be mixed.

Do Formula 1 and Formula E compete against each other, No. They are different categories

What would have been more interesting yesterday would have been a race on E Bikes between the likes of Max James, Luke Harrison and Jamie Etherington. Then asking them how they felt about the bikes.

If ever you have watched Formula E over the years(C4 or C5), these cars have evolved internally as the bodywork for all cars is the same. When the sport 1st came on to the scene, each race lasted 45 minutes plus 1 lap & the drivers had to jump into a 2nd car half way into the race because the batteries would not last, even though they partly recharged the batteries through coasting & braking. A few years ago, the batteries became more powerful to last a full race. This year, the cars are more powerful than before with races lasting a number of laps(depending on track length) but still lasting approximately 45 minutes plus extra laps through loss of laps because of incidents(full course yellow).

The racing is very close & is held on street circuits. London held some in Hyde Park & Germany on a car park, if my memory is correct.

I see no reason why the batteries for the bikes cannot be more powerful as, as well as speedway, the clips/facebook page shows moto bikes & others. There has been electric bike racing at the Isle Of Man TT races these last few years.