British Speedway Forum
noaksey

Peterborough v Ippo 27/3

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

Only thing that's laughable is your profile picture Gav.

Wind the clock back 24 hours and you'll see that Nicki P was beating the last two world champions (Artem Laguta & Bartosz Zmarzlik) around Bydgoszcz.

The same Nicki who was behind Riss in heat one when he fell 

If you think in heats 13 and 15 he would have beaten Doyle and Emil twice then I’m sorry I don’t agree with you 

Worrall is a journeyman and the reserves tonight  weren’t good considering we have possibly the weakest reserves in the league you would expect more maybe 

Basso is awesome at home but needs to up his game away though it didn’t take Rew long to find the fastest way around showground

Peterborough need to win at home as that side away will be poor I think 

• Like 1

Dont think either side should read too much into things after one meeting, the worry for Pedersen and i wasn't at the meeting is that if he takes a tumble is that him done per meeting? He can't magic his bones to be younger than they are now, usually Nicki would be out in his next heat (unless it was a bad one tonight)

Witches undoubtably have a powerhouse of a top 2 but they certainly need King and Riss to both fire to not then rely on reserves unless they improve considerably

Well done to Hans btw 

10 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

But you said he was a solid middle order rider a few weeks ago..He way flying in the Ben Fund a few days ago. You have to give him a chance imho. Early doors yet.

I still think he is, I just think he had a bad night at the office.

With Worrall it's in the know that he's only at Peterborough because of Buster so I'm just saying that Buster has to take full responsibility for any bad performance Richie puts in this season considering he's the one who threw his weight around to get Worrall in.

Worrall's never going to set the world alight and tonight's score from him is only 1-2 points off what he'll do on a good night, Solid but not spectacular is the term I've used to describe Richie all winter.

• Like 1

I'd say P'boro did pretty well to get 42 once Mr Ped crashed out.

Doyle & Emil are going to get plenty of 5-1's this year. 

• Like 1

Any bets on Pedersen not returning to Peterborough for the rest of the season?? 

I'm pretty sure his Polish club will be having words in his ear after tonight. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

I still think he is, I just think he had a bad night at the office.

With Worrall it's in the know that he's only at Peterborough because of Buster so I'm just saying that Buster has to take full responsibility for any bad performance Richie puts in this season considering he's the one who threw his weight around to get Worrall in.

Worrall's never going to set the world alight and tonight's score from him is only 1-2 points off what he'll do on a good night, Solid but not spectacular is the term I've used to describe Richie all winter.

Only 4 points isn’t good enough from him and beaten by Hume who was poor all night 

Your reserves as expected beat our reserves but  didn’t beat another away rider and at home I think your reserves need to pop out and beat the  away teams second strings sometimes 

13 minutes ago, TTT said:

Only thing that's laughable is your profile picture Gav.

Wind the clock back 24 hours and you'll see that Nicki P was beating the last two world champions (Artem Laguta & Bartosz Zmarzlik) around Bydgoszcz.

That was as good as his night got. How did he get on in his final two rides? Two third places wasn’t it? As ever, form elsewhere is a poor indicator of form here anyway, Pedersen left for dust in heat 1 before coming a cropper. 

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Peterborough and Sheffield closest to the tracks they are used to. 

Bit bizarre to state that based on nationality! Fact is Rew had never seen Peterborough before, all tracks are different and prepared different and yet he scored the same number of points as a seasoned GB rider (Worrall) who has ridden the Showground countless times. After taking a few rides naturally to find the best way around, he wins an important heat for his team beating Basso from the back no less. That was impressive. 

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Worrall has looked garbage tonight 

You wouldn’t have it he’s absolute cack round showground 

15 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Come on mate you’re sounding a bit bitter here. It’s never easy to win away from home regardless of the circumstances and I get you’re disappointed.Your lot were there practicing today so the advantages are obvious. Rew has never seen the place but after taking a few rides to size the place up, beats Basso from the back. Lots of positives to take there from an Ipswich perspective. 

I'm not being bitter mate.

I genuinely think the Witches 2 point lead going into Ht 15 wasn't anything to shout about.

Ipswich had a 4 point lead after Ht 1 and Hts 2 to 14 was 40-38 in Peterborough's favour without a No.1, but credit to Ipswich because they can only beat what's in front of them

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

I'm not being bitter mate.

I genuinely think the Witches 2 point lead going into Ht 15 wasn't anything to shout about.

Ipswich had a 4 point lead after Ht 1 and Hts 2 to 14 was 40-38 in Peterborough's favour without a No.1, but credit to Ipswich because they can only beat what's in front of them

That’s going to happen though because of the reserves. Especially away from home. As Blu says, because of our top end strength we won’t (or shouldn’t), get battered anywhere. But on the flip side, we won’t hand out many (if any) batterings either because most teams reserves will outscore ours most of the time. I think the majority of our meetings will be tight affairs with a few superheats thrown in, which we’ll then be favourites for because of the heatleaders. 

6 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Any bets on Pedersen not returning to Peterborough for the rest of the season?? 

I'm pretty sure his Polish club will be having words in his ear after tonight. 

Not yet but I wouldn't be shocked if Nicki was to have second thoughts at some point during the season if he continues to crash out of meetings.

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Interval doesn't seem necessary in speedway tbh

If you didn’t have an interval you wouldn’t get any food and drink vendors at the meeting.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Aries said:

That was as good as his night got. How did he get on in his final two rides? Two third places wasn’t it? As ever, form elsewhere is a poor indicator of form here anyway, Pedersen left for dust in heat 1 before coming a cropper. 

Won his last programmed ride and then didn't bother to compete in the Ht to decide who'd finish 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th.

2 minutes ago, Mick Bratley said:

If you didn’t have an interval you wouldn’t get any food and drink vendors at the meeting.

Probably save a few from food poisoning with the cack they’ve served up at showground 

• Haha 1