British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Edinburgh Monarchs vs Glasgow Tigers (BSN Series) - Friday 7th April

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Unless there has been a rule change Pickering has to ride at No1.

I'll edit it. 

Raised the question of why must the highest average ride at 1? Shane rode at 3 and 5 vast majority of his time in the stripes, I believe he hated riding at 1 memory serves. Yes it means top riders clash in heat one but given best racing occurs generally later in the meeting is this best time for them to clash? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

How about this line-up for Edinburgh?

1   Cook   

2   Castagna

3   Pickering

4   Hook

5   Thomson

6   Fredriksen

7   Bickley

Moving Kye to 5 would pit him in against Harris and Brennan in heat 13 and around Armadale i think Kye could have the beating of them, same with Cookie. Putting Josh at 3 would give him plenty of time to prepare for heat 15 and Paco is a lot better than Novak and Pijper around Armadale so placing him at number 2 might up his game in Heat 8 and also help out Bickley. Jacob and Lasse would be good enough to go up against Vissing and Ace in Heat 14 and it would also be a very entertaining and unpredictable race. Just suggestions and i doubt the line-up will be too surprising for either team come race day.

Apart from the fact that Josh has to be at number 1, I wouldn't be confident about Kye beating any of the Glasgow heat leaders.

Paco is too inconsistent, could easy run 3 lasts and  win his final ride.

Vissing was a heat leader for Edinburgh in 2013, Jacob and Lasse have no chance against him. Come the end of the season I can see Ace having a higher average than both of them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Apart from the fact that Josh has to be at number 1, I wouldn't be confident about Kye beating any of the Glasgow heat leaders.

Paco is too inconsistent, could easy run 3 lasts and  win his final ride.

Vissing was a heat leader for Edinburgh in 2013, Jacob and Lasse have no chance against him. Come the end of the season I can see Ace having a higher average than both of them

You're giving Pijper a wee bit too much expectation imo. He will be lucky to have 4.00 by season's end

3 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

You're giving Pijper a wee bit too much expectation imo. He will be lucky to have 4.00 by season's end

Hook and Fredriksen are on assessed 4 point averages, they actually only averaged 2.78 & 3.50 excluding bonus points last year.

Ace will also be at reserve all season. Only one of them can be at reserve unless Kyle improves above both

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Raised the question of why must the highest average ride at 1? Shane rode at 3 and 5 vast majority of his time in the stripes, I believe he hated riding at 1 memory serves. Yes it means top riders clash in heat one but given best racing occurs generally later in the meeting is this best time for them to clash? 

Definitely not……usually 1st out the gate in heat one and hug the white line. As you say, the best racing starts after the dirt moves out a bit. 

3 hours ago, Nickinho said:

How about this line-up for Edinburgh?

1   Pickering   

2   Castagna

3   Cook

4   Hook

5   Thomson

6   Fredriksen

7   Bickley

Moving Kye to 5 would pit him in against Harris and Brennan in heat 13 and around Armadale i think Kye could have the beating of them, same with Pickering. Putting Cookie at 3 would give him plenty of time to prepare for heat 15 and Paco is a lot better than Novak and Pijper around Armadale so placing him at number 2 might up his game in Heat 8 and also help out Bickley. Jacob and Lasse would be good enough to go up against Vissing and Ace in Heat 14 and it would also be a very entertaining and unpredictable race. Just suggestions and i doubt the line-up will be too surprising for either team come race day.

With Edinburgh having a strong top 2, I'd definitely have them at 1&5, with the target being to get heat advantages in heats 13&15 home & away.

I may have considered putting Paco or Hook at 3 with Thomsen at 4, if you're expecting Basso to beat both of them, use Kye in heat 14, where he's more likely to get the race win!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Nickinho said:

He will lose a lot of money doing that. 

Exactly, might think about it for next season in the last couple of meetings if playoffs bound already, a rider of his age will want to win every race he's in, or at worst a 2+1 on his card I'm sure.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 9:39 AM, Mr Blobby said:

Doubt it’ll happen weather isn’t looking great.

what’s the chance of a  rain off  if they don’t get track time before friday  

5 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Just a bit, I can't see 3 let alone 4

Edited by mc131
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mac101 said:

what’s the chance of a  rain off  if they don’t get track time before friday  

Zero. Friday’s forecast is great. If anything they might just sneak out for a few laps earlier on Friday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JanAndersen said:

Zero. Friday’s forecast is great. If anything they might just sneak out for a few laps earlier on Friday. 

cookies instagram shows him having a practice today so guess they managed to get one in before first meeting 

• Like 2

On 4/3/2023 at 3:29 PM, Mr Blobby said:

Well he’s not touched a bike since last October so I doubt it. 

Good luck to young Ace on his first Championship meeting on Friday.

Just go out and enjoy the occasion with no pressure it will be a big learning curve for him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

cookies instagram shows him having a practice today so guess they managed to get one in before first meeting 

Only been a couple of the boys paco still in Italy and Jacob was off to Poland think kye was going with him as well unless he changed his mind. 

But good that they managed to get some laps in not quite pulling up alongside against 3 others at the tapes but better than nothing. 

10 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Only been a couple of the boys paco still in Italy and Jacob was off to Poland think kye was going with him as well unless he changed his mind. 

But good that they managed to get some laps in not quite pulling up alongside against 3 others at the tapes but better than nothing. 

kye was there he was interviewed for speedway GB

Edited by mac101
  • Like 1