• Haha 1

12 hours ago, DazS said:

luckier than i thought. :t: cheers chris

He is the GOAT of darts.  Luck didn't come into it :rolleyes:

But nay probs matey.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DazS said:

he was a very lucky darts player:t:

Ah right. So not in any way relevant to the discussion?

• Confused 1

On 4/30/2023 at 10:43 AM, ray c said:

dont like the points system total boring 

The points system as it is now is pretty much in line with other major motor sports (MotoGP, F1), i.e. you get championship points for your placing overall in the meeting. I think this is OK. The only thing that's out of whack with the others sports is that the difference between the winner and the runner up / third should be greater - you should be rewarded by a higher increment if you win.

16 hours ago, davidncohen said:

The points system as it is now is pretty much in line with other major motor sports (MotoGP, F1), i.e. you get championship points for your placing overall in the meeting. I think this is OK. 

The event itself isn't though is it... this points scoring system is ok if you have 1 race of around 80 laps like the other disciplines of motor sport, this has been discussed to death though

• Like 1

Speedway isn't road racign or motox, we dont have ONE race, we have 23 ! And in every heat the winner gets the most points anyway, 3-2-1-0, just like it should be, so what's wrong with that?

With the new point system top riders like Zmarzlik simply don't have to fight for every point during the heats anymore. It shows in the racing, which is not as intensive as used to be when every single point counted. 

• Like 5

Must admit I'm starting to get a bit bored with it. The riders definitely don't go for it in every race now coupled with the fact they all seem to be best of mates with each other. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/5/2023 at 8:30 AM, iainb said:

The event itself isn't though is it... this points scoring system is ok if you have 1 race of around 80 laps like the other disciplines of motor sport, this has been discussed to death though

I suppose, as you reference, it's a debate in itself - whether a rider does / doesn't need to try their best in every heat.