British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Good Friday 7.4.23 - Scunny vs Redcar

3 hours ago, sidewinder said:

To be fair, I don't think Scunthorpe is Danny's favourite track. Maybe people will see that Redcar's tail, isn't that strong( Edwards not included). Not advocating a change in personnel, just hoping they improve.

Maybe the bottom end doesn't need to improve away from home? As long as Redcar can win by 12 points at home, 10 point away losses are no issue!

4 hours ago, sidewinder said:

To be fair, I don't think Scunthorpe is Danny's favourite track. Maybe people will see that Redcar's tail, isn't that strong( Edwards not included). Not advocating a change in personnel, just hoping they improve.

Last season I think first two heats there for Poole last season he struggled a little bit. 

3 hours ago, eric i said:

I thought your second strings were better than their scores suggested, I expected more from king though, looked like he was just going through the motions.

3 hours ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Well I watched the stream & I was a bit disappointed in our performance, That was the worst I have seen from Danny King, our second strings are going to cost us winning anything. Please do not book Sedgeman as a guest again

well done to Charles & Jason

You can send him back down South if you want. ;)

This match was an example of the benefits of the aggregate bonus point. 12 points up with one race to go, last year all the points would have been decided with nothing to race for in heat 15 (besides pride).

This year it's the difference between a 16 or 8 point lead for the second leg.

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Maybe the bottom end doesn't need to improve away from home? As long as Redcar can win by 12 points at home, 10 point away losses are no issue!

I understand the logic behind that. The reality is though,  that a 12 point win at Redcar, doesn't happen that often. With the aggregate point in play, Redcar will struggle, unless everybody contributes and circumstances are not going to work in your favour, very often, as they did against Berwick.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

You can send him back down South if you want. ;)

Straight swop for Lawson - OK :t:

3 hours ago, northyorksbear said:

Straight swop for Lawson - OK :t:

Not on last night's showing. Passed Sam Masters twice! 

Edited by lisa-colette

10 hours ago, sidewinder said:

I understand the logic behind that. The reality is though,  that a 12 point win at Redcar, doesn't happen that often. With the aggregate point in play, Redcar will struggle, unless everybody contributes and circumstances are not going to work in your favour, very often, as they did against Berwick.

With only 3 clubs not reaching the play-offs Redcar should be good enough to qualify, even if they don't get many aggregate wins. 

However no matter the league scoring system, Redcar would have to overcome lack of home track advantage to become Champions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Why was Proctor riding Lambert's bikes?

I noticed that, I assume that is Lambet's generosity rather than Proctor only brought 1 bike.

25 minutes ago, eric i said:

I noticed that, I assume that is Lambet's generosity rather than Proctor only brought 1 bike.

As far as I could see prior to the meeting it didn’t look as if Proctor has any bike in the pits

1 hour ago, Ryan555 said:

As far as I could see prior to the meeting it didn’t look as if Proctor has any bike in the pits

Then why on earth was he guesting!!! 

34 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Then why on earth was he guesting!!! 

Because he was the only person that has a relatively close average to that of Zaines and wasn’t riding somewhere else 

4 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Why was Proctor riding Lambert's bikes?

Proctor supposedly hasn't got his own equipment here yet and until it gets here he's on Kyle Bickleys equipment... Obviously Kyle was at Edinburgh last night, so he couldn't use that.... ahhh the speedway life...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Proctor supposedly hasn't got his own equipment here yet and until it gets here he's on Kyle Bickleys equipment... Obviously Kyle was at Edinburgh last night, so he couldn't use that.... ahhh the speedway life...

Cheers Dan.

On 4/7/2023 at 12:00 PM, IronScorpion said:

If it was covid, why is there no isolation period?

Because it's gone back to what it always was, flu.