British Speedway Forum
rearingtogo

Phil Morris CEO of British Speedway.

3 minutes ago, orion said:

Hi Guys..anyone got a link to the Morris speech please .

it's on this thread

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, orion said:

Thanks ....https://swindonmotorsports.co.uk/team-%26-partners.   Not sure if you will  laugh or cry if you read the bio about Osbourne Clark ..unreal 

Love how up bums himself up about his involvement of Bristol speedway as being 'most successful speedway track of the modern era'

Didnt Bristol close in the 70's?  As in 50 years ago?  Guess I can claim to be 'young' then by his standards lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lioness said:

Love how up bums himself up about his involvement of Bristol speedway as being 'most successful speedway track of the modern era'

Didnt Bristol close in the 70's?  As in 50 years ago?  Guess I can claim to be 'young' then by his standards lol

Young maybe, but not a modern girl :D

You still use a broom to play curling !!!

Edited by iris123
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Lioness said:

Yes .he forgot to say  he sold the site to IKEA lol  ..Pure comedy 

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Matt Ford has just entered the Chamber!

Obviously he's the devil for all Coventry fans :D

But for one day only there is a truce :D

• Like 2

Bloke talking at the moment is getting pulled apart re viability of the stadium structure.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Sir Sidney said:

two hours in for Phil Morris

Good to see Tony Gillias there giving evidence.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lioness said:

...and the fact that he and his fellow Directors at Bristol never got the appropriate planning permission which sums him up really.

• Like 4

Have always liked Phil Morris. Could never understand how he didn't feature in a Newport side earlier than when he did with him just living up the road. There was talk he didn't get on well with Tim Stone but he still seemed to guest a lot for us so not sure on that one.

But he always gave full effort on the track and takes no nonsense as I posted elsewhere the other day. He was never going to change the sport over night but given time I think he is the right man for the job. His speech regarding Coventry was brilliant and obviously well written and backed up.

Even though I don't live there anymore, it would be brilliant to see him behind the opening of a new track in Wales. I have been hearing a few rumors lately about a track not a million miles away from where Queensway Meadows was being opened, so who knows maybe thats the one he is referring to?!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Have always liked Phil Morris. Could never understand how he didn't feature in a Newport side earlier than when he did with him just living up the road. There was talk he didn't get on well with Tim Stone but he still seemed to guest a lot for us so not sure on that one.

But he always gave full effort on the track and takes no nonsense as I posted elsewhere the other day. He was never going to change the sport over night but given time I think he is the right man for the job. His speech regarding Coventry was brilliant and obviously well written and backed up.

Even though I don't live there anymore, it would be brilliant to see him behind the opening of a new track in Wales. I have been hearing a few rumors lately about a track not a million miles away from where Queensway Meadows was being opened, so who knows maybe thats the one he is referring to?!

The old banger track by magor services?

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

I'm also a fan of Phil...comes across as a very articulate and intelligent person. I remember he was a bit wild on a bike when he first rode as a sixteen year old but lasted the course. A credit to the sport!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, iainb said:

It's not his business to report on the confidential commercial activities of other businesses. Imagine he was airing your companies details/activities. Those that were happy to share (CVS) was there to do so, and credit to him for doing that

He can report on audience figures, but kept repeating "I can't tell you".  Sorry,  but that won't wash in a public inquiry and you could see how uncomfortable he looked during his cross examination.

The guy from sport England was woeful,  but Morris wasn't as brilliant as posters here are trying to paint him.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, R87 said:

He can report on audience figures, but kept repeating "I can't tell you".  Sorry,  but that won't wash in a public inquiry and you could see how uncomfortable he looked during his cross examination.

The guy from sport England was woeful,  but Morris wasn't as brilliant as posters here are trying to paint him.  

Trouble is that it was always going to be a tough exercise arguing/discussing the merits of a sport that is going thru' troubled times.