British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v GLASGOW (BSN) April 15th - 7pm

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

On a lighter note was brennan withholding his services to travel to a meeting on sunday which was not the meeting  r/r was granted in the first place??? Riders seem to pick and choose these days!

Brennan was not withholding his service ,he’s riding for GB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IanBrannan said:

Tom was called up for an FIME meeting in the Czech Republic for GB on the Saturday, it was rained off so he thought it was cancelled. They moved it to today at 9:30am, so he had to go after all and if he didn’t would get an international ban from the FIM.  It certainly wasn’t picking and choosing, FIM meeting take priority over everything. 

Once again i is wrong didnt know it was same meeting held over 24 hrs,might teach me to think before mouthing off :t:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Well done to Tigers just too good ,track was smooth and consistent ,times were fast that means not much overtaking and the home Team were the ones that couldn’t gate (as usual against good Teams).Don’t see any excuses for Berwick performances( apart fromTigers are good).Reckon there was moreTigers fans than Bandits.There pricing structure might be causing that.Basso was different class,and Complin and Nowak were good backups .

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

No chance of maintaining  that Ave ...

I suspect the idea is to strengthen up once his average inevitably drops. 

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Do you think so,the number of matches we have in April and May will make it difficult .what riders are available is another matter.

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not according to Dick " this team has not been created to change",on the Berwick thread mind you that was in November or December before last night's debacle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Not according to Dick " this team has not been created to change",on the Berwick thread mind you that was in November or December before last night's debacle.

There will be lot of pressure on Flint and Etheridge to perform at home.Away is a different story.

Edited by Fromafar

12 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Well after so looking forward to tonight was totally underwhelmed, embarrassed by Berwick tonight no excuses were second best all night, only two heat advantages and one was against one rider, Glasgow well deserved winners good luck in the next round.On another note a lot of old faces nowhere to be seen, where we stand a least 4 people not there,and 1 OAP came over and said he knew of at least 16 not there,they are infuriated by the £7 increase for them, will be found out after the Edinburgh match, would say there were just as many Glasgow supporters as Berwick.So the next streamed meeting will sit in the house and save myself over £60,rant over.

Yeah agree with that the rise in price for pensioners consessions  made my decision not to buy a season ticket very easy plus the cost increased of traveling with fuel etc and even more so after watching last nights total and complete borefest on BSN...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fairplay1 said:

Yeah agree with that the rise in price for pensioners consessions  made my decision not to buy a season ticket very easy plus the cost increased of traveling with fuel etc and even more so after watching last nights total and complete borefest on BSN...

Don’t think you are the only one with these thoughts.Berwick have a lot of fans from out lying districts and beyond.

• Like 1

time to get the house in order berwick

They should wait for new averages then replace Nathan Stoneman, I don’t think he is good enough for the second tier or ever will be.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, highside said:

The racing was poor last night think i saw 3 passes all night ,if you gated you were gone .the track looked like there was no grip .

No change there then.  How anyone can watch that every week baffles me, it really does.  I (rather stupidly) went up to Berwick for the Poole match last year, expecting it to be a good meeting.  I think, from memory, there was one genuine pass all night.  The track "improvements" were supposed to improve the racing.  They clearly haven't.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Shocking, as expected. Management/Promotion thinking they’ve built a good team, despite them being the only people who think so. Thomas Jorgensen on that average is ridiculous, what a waste. What were you thinking Gary Flint. Inept team manager who hasn’t managed to build one competitive championship team since the promotion bought the club.

TJ is what he is.  He can be very frustrating, from race to race, let alone meeting to meeting, as we witnessed when he rode for Newcastle.  Genuinely a nice bloke, but that doesn't alter the fact he isn't a 9 point rider in the CL, 7-7.5 at best.

Berwick, at the minute, have too many weak links in their 1-7 and will struggle to reach the Top 6 with it.   

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, StevePark said:

No change there then.  How anyone can watch that every week baffles me, it really does.  I (rather stupidly) went up to Berwick for the Poole match last year, expecting it to be a good meeting.  I think, from memory, there was one genuine pass all night.  The track "improvements" were supposed to improve the racing.  They clearly haven't.

When top men hit the front at Berwick they are very difficult to pass as the speed is too fast.The track improvements didn’t have the desired effect because of this.I suggested a few years ago that they should reduce the banking on 3rd/ 4th bend to slow them down a bit,but I realise that that would mean to much work.It is what it is though.