British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Leicester vs pboro 13/4/23

47 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

To be fair I did say that worrall would bang in a load of points. Well done the panthers. It was a gate n go kinda track last night. Frustrating from both teams with many bike issues but I still enjoyed it. Sedgy looks awesome which is a promising sign for the lions. 

The number of bike problems was quite a mystery and as you say, somewhat frustrating for us and I'm sure, the riders involved. You can't really blame the weather/track conditions. In England, neither are usual. Hopefully a temporary problem eh?

2 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Difficult track for the riders last evening, but all the riders gave it a good go. With no possibility of track grading it was always going to be a case of limited racing/passing - but there was some so both track staff & riders deserve recognition for their efforts to get the meeting on & completed. 
Well done guys (& girls)

It was one of those slightly odd meetings, in that the track continued to improve throughout the night despite the fact we had no track grading whatsoever. The absence of tractors was quite refreshing actually. Especially as I started to get quite cold towards the end of the night.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

The track was in a pretty dire condition and the racing was pretty non existent but the closeness of the scores kept it reasonably entertaining, although the constant breakdowns from Peterborough riders favoured Leicester.

The referee didn’t help either, heaven alone knows what he was watching when Lawson clearly slowed in heat 5 and Basso ran into him but he excluded the Dane whilst Lawson had similar bike problems in the rerun. 

The only genuine overtake was Fricke over Iversen in heat 13, all the rest of the action was finished at the conclusion of bend 2 lap one.

Leicester did just enough to hang on for the win but it could have been a different story if the Panthers had a full 1-7.

Sedgmen was the Leicester match winner whilst Worrall and Cook did their best to keep the scoreline respectable, but it was all about trapping and it was that which ultimately decided the result.

Allen had 6 starts and trapped once, winning at a canter in his best effort but looked hopeless in his other 5 rides which gives a good indication of what it was like.

Iversen just isn’t quick enough at the moment but the real problem is at no 1, Pedersen quitting has left a large hole and his big average isn’t covered by either RR or a bang average guest.

Iversen's bike misfired and he slowed as Fricke passed him. Not sure I'd count that one as a bona fide pass either.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

The track was in a pretty dire condition and the racing was pretty non existent but the closeness of the scores kept it reasonably entertaining, although the constant breakdowns from Peterborough riders favoured Leicester.

I clearly remember Harris, Morris, Lawson and Allen all suffering engine failures so I'm not quite sure why you only saw the Panthers breaking down

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

The referee didn’t help either, heaven alone knows what he was watching when Lawson clearly slowed in heat 5 and Basso ran into him but he excluded the Dane whilst Lawson had similar bike problems in the rerun. 

The only genuine overtake was Fricke over Iversen in heat 13, all the rest of the action was finished at the conclusion of bend 2 lap one.

Leicester did just enough to hang on for the win but it could have been a different story if the Panthers had a full 1-7.

Sedgmen was the Leicester match winner whilst Worrall and Cook did their best to keep the scoreline respectable, but it was all about trapping and it was that which ultimately decided the result.

Allen had 6 starts and trapped once, winning at a canter in his best effort but looked hopeless in his other 5 rides which gives a good indication of what it was like.

Iversen just isn’t quick enough at the moment but the real problem is at no 1, Pedersen quitting has left a large hole and his big average isn’t covered by either RR or a bang average guest.

I should make it clear that I really do support Leicester currently....

Leicester actually got away with a 3-3 a couple of times when on the wrong end of a 5-1 due to Panthers mechanical problems. The result could have been a lot closer or could even have been a win for Peterborough.

The exclusion of Benjamin Basso in heat 5 was a scandal. Richard Lawson didn't just slow, he all but stopped. How BB was expected to avoid him is beyond me.

4 paid 5 from Nicki's rides tells it's own story. It's ironic. I think the crowd size was well down due to Nicki's absence but Leicester probably won the meeting as a result of him not being there.

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

I clearly remember Harris, Morris, Lawson and Allen all suffering engine failures so I'm not quite sure why you only saw the Panthers breaking down

I think Dan had an engine issue as well

3 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I think Dan had an engine issue as well

So that's 5 failures to the Lions to Panthers 3?

Maybe @bigcatdiary didn't realise that Nicki Pedersen wasn't there and wasn't just having engine problems in the pits :D

Edited by iainb

3 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I should make it clear that I really do support Leicester currently....

Leicester actually got away with a 3-3 a couple of times when on the wrong end of a 5-1 due to Panthers mechanical problems. The result could have been a lot closer or could even have been a win for Peterborough.

The exclusion of Benjamin Basso in heat 5 was a scandal. Richard Lawson didn't just slow, he all but stopped. How BB was expected to avoid him is beyond me.

4 paid 5 from Nicki's rides tells it's own story. It's ironic. I think the crowd size was well down due to Nicki's absence but Leicester probably won the meeting as a result of him not being there.

I think it was a fair result really. Every rider team has bike problems and neither team deserved to run away with it. If Nicki was in the team I doubt the scoreline would have been much different. Also that was the first laps any of the the Leicester riders had done at on that track. So it was always going to be fairly close throughout. I expect a similar scoreline at Peterborough with it being fairly tight all the way through. As a lions fan I'm delighted with that result as this was a potential banana skin kinda meeting and we won. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

So that's 5 failures to the Lions to Panthers 3?

Quite possibly yes. I can't remember which heat but I stand near the pits and could clearly see Dan's bike packing up 

All this analysis is quite fun isn't it?

Bottom line we got the "W".

38 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Sedgeman genuinely passed Richie Worrall in heat 1... it's £21 to get in mate and you're missing most of what happens :D

• Haha 1

Morris also passed Puk in Heat 11 with a lovely move.

Maybe the problem was with the new floodlights... I was expecting a vast improvement and if anything I think they're worse. Maybe after a bit of alignment they'll light the track up instead of the centre green and shining directly into @bigcatdiary':Ds eyes

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 1

Morris passing Iversen was the only proper overtake.

13 hours ago, iainb said:

Is that dodgy methanol I can smell in the air tonight? :D

No as riders had clutch, carb and chain issues last night.

1 minute ago, W9 Lion said:

No as riders had clutch, carb and chain issues last night.

I can't quite remember a meeting like it for bike problems... it was like we were back in the 70's

• Like 1