British Speedway Forum
cheggie

Glasgow Tigers v Berwick Bandits 14/04/23

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

A job in weather forecasting is probably not an option.

Saying that the actual forecasters got it wrong as well.

Yeah unfortunately there was no option after it started to get persistent.Saved Berwick a drubbing.That was Schlein v Tigers.Flint for Cole’s seemed a strange tactical,on what I had watched I would have thought the reversal would have been a better option.Very patchy ,roads were dry at Newhouse.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

well wel wel told you bandits we coud  beat glasgow at glasgow mmmmmmm very nice

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, col69 said:

well wel wel told you bandits we coud  beat glasgow at glasgow mmmmmmm very nice

WTF.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Possible date for a restaging would be Friday 28 April, you'd think. Unless there are non-Championship commitments.

That's the date Glasgow had pencilled in for KO Cup so unless Berwick have riders unavailable should be good for 28th

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Strange choice of TS

Wasn't at the match, but looking at the scores seems a very strange decision not to wait & use Schlein for ts. Not that it mattered with the rain!

Just now, szkocjasid said:

Wasn't at the match, but looking at the scores seems a very strange decision not to wait & use Schlein for ts. Not that it mattered with the rain!

Just think who's the team manager, then that explains the move. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Shocking tac sub decision, i’m sure it’ll be forgotten about by most with the meeting being rained off

Unbelievable from what I had watched.Schlein was superb in his 2 wins you could have replaced ANY of the others bar Coles with him.Shame the rain got heavier as the track was in good condition ,but there was no alternative but to abandon.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Unbelievable from what I had watched.Schlein was superb in his 2 wins you could have replaced ANY of the others bar Coles with him.Shame the rain got heavier as the track was in good condition ,but there was no alternative but to abandon.

Maybe the TM was not watching the action I think everyone was surprised with the TS decision 

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Maybe using Leon's 3 rides up early and use Coles rest of meeting? Only reason I can think of based on their form last night 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

That's the date Glasgow had pencilled in for KO Cup so unless Berwick have riders unavailable should be good for 28th

Now confirmed as the rerun date. 

Doesn't the rained-off voucher entitle you to free entry at the next meeting? I'm 100% sure that it used to but the announcer was prattling on about getting £4 off the next meeting. Have they changed the voucher system?

3 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Doesn't the rained-off voucher entitle you to free entry at the next meeting? I'm 100% sure that it used to but the announcer was prattling on about getting £4 off the next meeting. Have they changed the voucher system?

Not entirely sure but think there's a system by depending how many races depends how much get refunded. Sure couple promotions took the hit last season and gave full refunds but think £4 is all we're getting 

• Like 1

We are entitled to a minimum of £4, but anything above that is at the direction of the promoters. There was a rain off against Poole last season, for which I have misplaced my voucher, so I don’t know how they distinguish between them (and I don’t remember when that was called off). 

Edited by Noelinho
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

We are entitled to a minimum of £4, but anything above that is at the direction of the promoters. There was a rain off against Poole last season, for which I have misplaced my voucher, so I don’t know how they distinguish between them (and I don’t remember when that was called off). 

I was told it was a reduction of £1 /per heat run.Not sure if that means.( 6 heats were run).There was an announcement regarding £4 reduction but not to sure what that mean.

35 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

No it doesn’t some kind of reduction will apply unless the Promotion decide different.

• Like 1