British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lenny Lion

Leicester vs Belle Vue 19/4/23

Thought the racing was a little follow the leader last night, Stewart did comment needs more shale especially for the likes of bomber. Think we need to re evaluate the team in a few weeks when all had more meetings max will come good. 
Surprised how few stay behind at the end of meeting now when riders come out maybe as a week night people wish to shoot off, to be fair max was honest with his performance last night fingers crossed over the coming weeks.

one moan from me why is the intro to riders so poor at Leicester  quick lap of the track… why not line up on start line introduce all riders talk to both managers complete the coin toss and let all have a few laps after all we are there to be entertained and to some degree interact with the riders… costs nothing.

keep the faith long season up the lions.

9 hours ago, Pinny said:

Fricke IMO seems to of gone backwards the last few years. I genuinely thought he was going to go on and be a world champion but looks extremely unlikely now.

Should be posting much better scores in the UK though. Same for Bewley.

Immensely talented is max - bit too soft tho imo for the real top tier of rider.

3 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Immensely talented is max - bit too soft tho imo for the real top tier of rider.

He certainly "sorted" Dan Bewley out on the first bend of heat 13 last night!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

He certainly "sorted" Dan Bewley out on the first bend of heat 13 last night!

Not to say that hardness isn’t in him, wouldn’t have got as far as he has without it, was more a comment in reply to the original poster saying he thought he was going into to challenge to world titles - for that you’ve got to have another edge and it can’t just flit in and out.

There’s been plenty of riders with all the talent that never realised that final step - Leigh Adams, magic janoski a couple that spring to mind

• Like 1

I've calmed a little now from last night. It was an enjoyable meeting but also frustrating. It's all about fine margins and we are just not cutting it enough. Against Peterborough we only just won and they had a heat leader missing BUT the track wasn't ideal for racing so difficult to judge. Home to Ipswich was a Doyle and Emil masterclass and I just came away thinking I've seen some class riders show us how it's done. This time I'm a little more concerned, allen is struggling if makes a poor start and makes you wonder why we just didn't just sign our asset Connor mountain ? His average would have been lower I think and is a English Leicester asset? Most of the fans I spoke to last night are going to be patient with Fricke. We all know he's a great rider and I think he will come good. Morris was superb last night and proving his worth at home. Lawson is Mr consistent, Harris is doing his job at 4 and sedgmen is been out best rider . Dan T was also better last night..just missing the final piece to fit which is fricke coming good. I'm a little concerned but also optimistic. Think if we lose at home to kings Lynn the fans may vote with their feet..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I've calmed a little now from last night. It was an enjoyable meeting but also frustrating. It's all about fine margins and we are just not cutting it enough. Against Peterborough we only just won and they had a heat leader missing BUT the track wasn't ideal for racing so difficult to judge. Home to Ipswich was a Doyle and Emil masterclass and I just came away thinking I've seen some class riders show us how it's done. This time I'm a little more concerned, allen is struggling if makes a poor start and makes you wonder why we just didn't just sign our asset Connor mountain ? His average would have been lower I think and is a English Leicester asset? Most of the fans I spoke to last night are going to be patient with Fricke. We all know he's a great rider and I think he will come good. Morris was superb last night and proving his worth at home. Lawson is Mr consistent, Harris is doing his job at 4 and sedgmen is been out best rider . Dan T was also better last night..just missing the final piece to fit which is fricke coming good. I'm a little concerned but also optimistic. Think if we lose at home to kings Lynn the fans may vote with their feet..

That's a pretty fair summation of things, as you win and lose as a team I feel the special one has to shoulder some responsibility also, although it's easy to say in hindsight, why did he pick Richard Lawson for the super heat? I know Ficke had just come last in heat 15 but that's what you employ your number 1's for, for the big races because they have the experience of competing in the big meetings and in the case of Max also winning them.

Somebody also needs to have a word with Bomber, I love him to bits but he doesn't seem to know which bike to ride. I saw this all last year at Peterborough he'd constantly be swapping his bike during meetings and he did that last night also, switching between GM & a Godden(?). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I've calmed a little now from last night. It was an enjoyable meeting but also frustrating. It's all about fine margins and we are just not cutting it enough. Against Peterborough we only just won and they had a heat leader missing BUT the track wasn't ideal for racing so difficult to judge. Home to Ipswich was a Doyle and Emil masterclass and I just came away thinking I've seen some class riders show us how it's done. This time I'm a little more concerned, allen is struggling if makes a poor start and makes you wonder why we just didn't just sign our asset Connor mountain ? His average would have been lower I think and is an English Leicester asset? Most of the fans I spoke to last night are going to be patient with Fricke. We all know he's a great rider and I think he will come good. Morris was superb last night and proving his worth at home. Lawson is Mr consistent, Harris is doing his job at 4 and sedgmen is been out best rider . Dan T was also better last night..just missing the final piece to fit which is fricke coming good. I'm a little concerned but also optimistic. Think if we lose at home to kings Lynn the fans may vote with their feet..

Number 1 didn’t score like a number 1 should at home ,that simple, and Mountain wouldn’t of made a difference,don’t see him pulling out trees in at championship level, I think the team will get a lot better ,especially at home as season grows, the cup is never won in April, this team is good!

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

Don’t see the problem with superheat, it’s not like Leicester got nothing, they still got point for the draw.

If I was Leicester fan what I would be most unhappy about is tactical sub in heat 14, that is always a killer. 

I've heard it suggested that Aces deliberately let Lions have a 4.2 in heat 13 so that they could use a tactical sub in heat 14. If they did, it turned out to be a very smart move on Mark Lemons part! 

My eyesight Is not as good as it used to be but I'm sure the Lion's team manager was driving the tractor last night. I would have thought he should have been in the pits sorting his team out! It's bad enough riders doubling up but how many team managers do?

1 minute ago, Happy Hunter said:

My eyesight Is not as good as it used to be but I'm sure the Lion's team manager was driving the tractor last night. I would have thought he should have been in the pits sorting his team out! It's bad enough riders doubling up but how many team managers do?

He'll be doing the centre green presenting next, like a certain jack of all trades operating out of his secret caravan bunker in North Lincolnshire :D

I notice that the caravan at Leicester has gone from its place on the second bend this year. 

1 hour ago, Spiderman1 said:

Number 1 didn’t score like a number 1 should at home ,that simple, and Mountain wouldn’t of made a difference,don’t see him pulling out trees in at championship level, I think the team will get a lot better ,especially at home as season grows, the cup is never won in April, this team is good!

The problem is Fricke isn’t really a class number one like Doyle, Sayfutdinov, Pedersen, Lambert, Bewley. That showed up in the GPs. Yes he won one however was literally no where else in the others he competed in. Plus this exposes the Lambert for Fricke switch in the play offs. A world class rider replacing a bang average rider because his average allowed.

14 hours ago, 40-38 said:

I'm still not sold on the super heat, nor do I really understand the point of it. It just seems weird to not just say it was a draw, 1 point each and that's it. Why should a team get another point for essentially a scratch race when we already have an aggregate bonus anyway? It makes the league table look weird as well having a draw win and draw lose column, I had to try and explain it to some newbies tonight and it just sounded absurd.

It was one of the reasons that the aggregate point was brought in, to simplify the league table(HA! WHAT A JOKE)

2 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Looked like BTFC driving the tractor all night to me.

46 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

The problem is Fricke isn’t really a class number one like Doyle, Sayfutdinov, Pedersen, Lambert, Bewley. That showed up in the GPs. Yes he won one however was literally no where else in the others he competed in. Plus this exposes the Lambert for Fricke switch in the play offs. A world class rider replacing a bang average rider because his average allowed.

I don't think you can refer to Max as a "bang average rider." He's way better than that and you know it.

Of the riders currently competing in the top tier this year, Max is third in the averages to Jason Doyle and Dan. 

He finished third last year and then he was only 0.06 behind Holder. 

There were only six riders that won a GP last season and Max was one of them when he won his second GP in Warsaw. 

• Like 1