British Speedway Forum

This competition is now about as worthy winning as the Hokey-Cokey Cup that Coventry and Peterborough contested a few years back or the We'll meet again trophy that was ridden for at Wolves last night!

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

This competition is now about as worthy winning as the Hokey-Cokey Cup that Coventry and Peterborough contested a few years back or the We'll meet again trophy that was ridden for at Wolves last night!

Even though the crowd at Wolves was one of the biggest anywhere in speedway this year

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Even though the crowd at Wolves was one of the biggest anywhere in speedway this year

Struggle to understand why Wolverhampton council never stepped in to say speedway must remain and refuse planning permission for dogs on a monday night. 

As for tomorrow, its not a challenge. Every team in the league participated and so its no different to the k o cup. Just a shame leicester couldnt get their act together last season. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Struggle to understand why Wolverhampton council never stepped in to say speedway must remain and refuse planning permission for dogs on a monday night. 

As for tomorrow, its not a challenge. Every team in the league participated and so its no different to the k o cup. Just a shame leicester couldnt get their act together last season. 

If you win it enjoy it but if my club leicester win it I won't booking the next day off work celebrating put it that way

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

If you win it enjoy it but if my club leicester win it I won't booking the next day off work celebrating put it that way

It's a shame it just wasn't completed last season but at least it will be completed and then we can just forget about it and move on. 

Edit - met office has rain for 5pm today until 8am tomorrow. But nothing after that. 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It's a shame it just wasn't completed last season but at least it will be completed and then we can just forget about it and move on. 

Like all your posts.

31 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Like all your posts.

What you doing on here, we haven't lost yet 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

No 2nd leg listed on the Speedway GB site fixture list.

So even one of the teams in it don't care about it!!! Absolutely laughable 

Imagine being that desperate to win something you pin your hopes on this 

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why in earth would they run it at a neutral track like Sheffield? Be lucky to get 150 people attend. 

And Wednesday is forecast to be a dry day in Poole. Looking forward to another meeting!

That was where the final was originally scheduled to be. A three team final between Leicester, Poole and Glasgow in September 2022. Not far for Leicester and certainly more convenient for Poole and Glasgow fans to get to than travelling to than each others track.

Took me 10 hours to drive to Poole for playoff final, could drive to Sheffield and back in less time.

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Certain councils in Britain are not interested in saving what they see as British 'legacy culture' which is why every sport except football is being allowed to die (rugby League, speedway etc). The cultural landscape is being reshapeed purposefully to better suit the newer cultures who have no real interest in the old ones. I know what i am saying may be controversial but go take a glance around your local speedway stadium next time you're there and look at the demographics of the spectators and you will see what i am alluding to, especially if you also understand the demographics of Poland and then factor in their country's relationship to speedway and how well it is doing there. In many cities there are no new generations who are being brought up like we were or even being raised in the same cultural environment. I've been saying this for the past few years and everybody looks at me like i've fallen from Mars but speedway won't exist in Britain within the next 30 years when the indigenous cultures are all but gone no matter how much it bids to appeal to the newer ones. Enjoy British speedway whilst it lasts as it certainly won't be around forever.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

That was where the final was originally scheduled to be. A three team final between Leicester, Poole and Glasgow in September 2022. Not far for Leicester and certainly more convenient for Poole and Glasgow fans to get to than travelling to than each others track.

Took me 10 hours to drive to Poole for playoff final, could drive to Sheffield and back in less time.

Yes but you would get bigger crowds having it at Leicester, Glasgow and Poole than at Sheffield. 

Massive home win having seen the Leicester 1-7, going for a Pirates 58-32 victory 

Oh dear god I’ve read it all now

Shovlar trying not only to big this meeting up as important….. when nobody even Leicester fans care as it’s not worth a thing ….. but then he says ‘2 evenly matched teams’ ….. with Leicester slightly stronger!!

The man is deluded or a child 

With the exception of Harris Leicester have no chance at all and are weaker in pretty much every area….. Cook against Hume is for one quite laughable

Poole will hit at least 55….. 

How any Poole fan would part with money to go watch this is beyond me 

Well done Shovlar you will get one prize this season and no doubt we will get race by race commentary and a match report and how amazing it is to win a trophy 

Poole , just like my team Ipswich , choked when it mattered ….. winning a tin pot trophy against an extremely weak opponent will gloss over nothing 

Kemp a reserve all season rides at 2

Hume a second string rides as a heat leader 

Allen got 4 last week at Poole 

Flint and Edwards struggled at Poole this season 

Butcher…. Ever ridden there!

Yes Shovlar 2 evenly matched teams …. Cretin

7 hours ago, Gavan said:

Oh dear god I’ve read it all now

Shovlar trying not only to big this meeting up as important….. when nobody even Leicester fans care as it’s not worth a thing ….. but then he says ‘2 evenly matched teams’ ….. with Leicester slightly stronger!!

The man is deluded or a child 

With the exception of Harris Leicester have no chance at all and are weaker in pretty much every area….. Cook against Hume is for one quite laughable

Poole will hit at least 55….. 

How any Poole fan would part with money to go watch this is beyond me 

Well done Shovlar you will get one prize this season and no doubt we will get race by race commentary and a match report and how amazing it is to win a trophy 

Poole , just like my team Ipswich , choked when it mattered ….. winning a tin pot trophy against an extremely weak opponent will gloss over nothing 

So if your team had a 'meaningless' end of season challenge, you wouldn't go and support it?