British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Leicester v King's Lynn 27th April

Just over an hour to scheduled start time & not even a hint of rain. It is overcast but can see the clear skies behind.

Another Leicester Speedway mess up

12 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Just over an hour to scheduled start time & not even a hint of rain. It is overcast but can see the clear skies behind.

To be the fair the forecast is awful from this point onwards. We will see what happens after half 7

57 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

I live a mile and a half from the stadium and it rained from about 3pm to 4:30 then dried up a bit and it's currently raining again with it looking set in for the night... totally correct decision.

You must feel a bit silly :blush:

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

They never called off meetings due to weather forecasts years ago because they could take the financial hit unlike today due to a lot less people attending meetings.

• Like 1

Just now, TINYS said:

They never called off meetings due to weather forecasts years ago because they could take the financial hit unlike today due to a lot less people attending meetings.

Personally I'm OK with it even if the rain hadn't turned up, which it has, it was certainly forecast to, a large band crossing the country. And they left it until the day of the meeting to make the decision. What annoys me is when clubs call off the day before based on a forecast of showers, which we all know can be hit and miss. 

3 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

I'm four miles from the track and it's been raining steadily since before first race time. I think you wrong to be so critical this time Lenny!

2 hours ago, TINYS said:

Things are so tight, i don't think they can risk it anymore.

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Personally I'm OK with it even if the rain hadn't turned up, which it has, it was certainly forecast to, a large band crossing the country. And they left it until the day of the meeting to make the decision. What annoys me is when clubs call off the day before based on a forecast of showers, which we all know can be hit and miss

To be fair, it does say, "Weather permitting" in the small print of all forecasts :P

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2023 at 3:58 PM, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Only the regular reserve should be allowed to have 7 rides free scoring or not. Guests in any position should not be allowed more the 4 rides.

As I said, it was the flip side of the argument.