British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

POOLE V PLYMOUTH, K.O.Cup, 1st leg Weds 3/05/23

Having had their Pits phone ripped off the wall by bad tempered Ginger whinger Middle ditch, any truth in the rumour that Mark Phillips is travelling in his Tractor to demolish the Poole Pits. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, HGould said:

Having had their Pits phone ripped off the wall by bad tempered Ginger whinger Middle ditch, any truth in the rumour that Mark Phillips is travelling in his Tractor to demolish the Poole Pits. 

Haha, well the police are nice and close lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Hahahaha. Preparing a track for home riders isn't cheating. This is hilarious!!

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Even if we did do that. There is nothing wrong with it. Eastbourne used to do it all the time, still just using the track to your advantage. Home team can prepare it how they like as long as it stays safe.

IF gates are being prepared differently for home riders like dear old Bob used to at Arlington then that most definitely is cheating and not just home advantage. Like I said, IF.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoying this thread so far  :D and I see Mr Phillips had his fishing rod out last week, did he get any bites :wink:

Edited by Bagpuss

24 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

IF gates are being prepared differently for home riders like dear old Bob used to at Arlington then that most definitely is cheating and not just home advantage. Like I said, IF.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoying this thread so far  :D and I see Mr Phillips had his fishing rod out last week, did he get any bites :wink:

I don't think it is. I used to laugh when Eastbourne used to do it! Plus no one goes near the start line at Poole in between each heat. Tractor only goes out after every 3/4 heats. So unless the invisible man is doing it, it isn't happening! 

Also I got a fair few likes for my 'biting' on twitter :D

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

NO gates are being prepared differently for any team or rider

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Jonnybegood said:

Lisa , you need to sit nearer the start line and watch the start line guys …busy little bees  .

She’s gotta be in the stadium first.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Jonnybegood said:

Lisa , you need to sit nearer the start line and watch the start line guys …busy little bees  .

Can't say I've ever noticed that. 

5 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

She’s gotta be in the stadium first.

As always :t:

9 hours ago, Jonnybegood said:

I do sit on the start line and they are doing nothing to the track. You're just so full of BS. Just another silly windup merchant.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, HGould said:

Bet if he's coming by tractor, there won't be any overtaking :rofl:

16 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Hahahaha. Preparing a track for home riders isn't cheating. This is hilarious!!

Maybe they should prepare the track for decent racing just saying

I think its fair to say that Poole are one of the tracks that has one of the very best (SCB) track curators in speedway, along with his track helpers! He has worked wonders with the track over recent seasons!

Having spoken with him, I'm sure he knows he was caught out a little last time with the early rain and didn't water much before the start and didn't expect the track to dry out as quickly as it did.

As usual once the meeting has run a few heats, riders are reluctant to have the track watered as they have to change set-ups etc. I really don't understand the Plymouth 'fans' complaining about dust in the second half of the meeting as that was when Plymouth riders managed a bit of catching up (well just a bit!)

I also sit in the same grandstand section as Daz1900 overlooking the startline and also confirm that the starts are not touched by them once the meeting is underway. They simple reposition the tapes and re-instate the white lane boxes - as all club start line staff do.

Of course Poole's Senior Start Marshall along with track staff also lead/conduct the crowd in "Sweet Caroline" before heat 15 each week in front of the grandstand, so they probably do a little bit of stamping down on the home straight before the final race.:t:;)

NB. Good to see a Poole thread attracting the usual trolls/stalkers.................!!:rolleyes:

(ps. For those not travelling up from sunny Devon, the meeting will be streamed by Pirates TV)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I think its fair to say that Poole are one of the tracks that has one of the very best (SCB) track curators in speedway, along with his track helpers! He has worked wonders with the track over recent seasons!

Having spoken with him, I'm sure he knows he was caught out a little last time with the early rain and didn't water much before the start and didn't expect the track to dry out as quickly as it did.

As usual once the meeting has run a few heats, riders are reluctant to have the track watered as they have to change set-ups etc. I really don't understand the Plymouth 'fans' complaining about dust in the second half of the meeting as that was when Plymouth riders managed a bit of catching up (well just a bit!)

I also sit in the same grandstand section as Daz1900 overlooking the startline and also confirm that the starts are not touched by them once the meeting is underway. They simple reposition the tapes and re-instate the white lane boxes - as all club start line staff do.

Of course Poole's Senior Start Marshall along with track staff also lead/conduct the crowd in "Sweet Caroline" before heat 15 each week in front of the grandstand, so they probably do a little bit of stamping down on the home straight before the final race.:t:;)

NB. Good to see a Poole thread attracting the usual trolls/stalkers.................!!:rolleyes:

(ps. For those not travelling up from sunny Devon, the meeting will be streamed by Pirates TV)

You have got form for lying,just a bit of stamping around before ht15,hmmmmmmmmm:nono:l

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, lewy said:

You have got form for lying,just a bit of stamping around before ht15,hmmmmmmmmm:nono:l

I said on the home straight, not the start line, stalker!