British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Lynn v Witches 4th May

5 hours ago, wtf said:

To be fair, there are plenty of mickey mouse things that go on in the GPs and Poland, despite how professional their public face is. It's just we are not as close to it over here so see and hear less. Most things when you look under the mat end up disappointing you. It's the main reason they always say never meet your heroes.

I agree totally. I was at the farce of Cardiff last year… but still, it’s levels above what we have here, even at the most basic level, where there should be some parity.

4 hours ago, wtf said:

If the biggest problem on here is Buster's Gate and whether you're being lied to, then I think we're all in trouble. When you consider that pretty much everything to come out of the mouths of all politicians, and the media about mundane unimportant things like Covid, Climate change, the economy. I know which ones I'd rather have integrity, transparency, and honesty from. If Kings Lynn need to cancel a fixture and run it another time because of whatever circumstances, is it really that big a deal?

Just be upfront then, have some integrity, all it has done is shine the spotlight on them and the sport further..

Yes it really is that big a deal, if as in this case  there is supposedly damage to the pit gate show us some evidence, photos etc instead of asking us to believe the story we've been told which makes we think some promoters think we must all be idiots.  If we see evidence fair enough then we'd have nothing to moan about.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Greg said:

I love how all the people moaning are not even Lynn fans.

Maybe but we are all Speedway fans 

8 hours ago, wtf said:

If the biggest problem on here is Buster's Gate and whether you're being lied to, then I think we're all in trouble. When you consider that pretty much everything to come out of the mouths of all politicians, and the media about mundane unimportant things like Covid, Climate change, the economy. I know which ones I'd rather have integrity, transparency, and honesty from. If Kings Lynn need to cancel a fixture and run it another time because of whatever circumstances, is it really that big a deal?

Postpone. If you cancel, it isn't restaged.

It's a big deal because nobody trusts the promoters, and there are dodgy circumstances. KL hadn't even confirmed their line-up - which is a requirement of the SCB Regs.

If you continue to accept this squit, they will continue to keep doing it.

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Like 3

On 5/3/2023 at 5:23 PM, Grachan said:

Phil Morris should get down there and check the gate. If the gate is fine, it should be awarded 75-0 to Ipswich.

It's the only way to stop this sort of thing, because it is a big part of what is killing the sport.

Buster likes to run things on the cheap, he might quite like that idea!

15 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it stays that way, might need a 'stadium issue' at the Foxhole one Thursday if Doyle and/or Emil have rearranged Polish fixtures ;)

If they can't think of one just give Buster a call.

Sums up British Speedway in a nutshell.

Even the guys in charge don't give a f*** so why should the supporters.

The sport in this country will be dead and gone within 10 years if not sooner !

Edited by pleasureboy60
Miss spelling
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 8:14 PM, pleasureboy60 said:

We haven't got a club with him!

so you would rather see them close then ? 

FOLLOWING the postponement of the recent King’s Lynn v Ipswich Premiership fixture, the Speedway Control Bureau launched an investigation into the reasons behind the call-off.

The meeting was scheduled to take place at the Adrian Flux Arena on Thursday May 4, but was postponed on the afternoon of May 3 by stadium owners Norfolk Arena Limited.

The reason given for the postponement was significant damage to the stock car fence, including the pits gate, following a stock car meeting on Bank Holiday Monday (May 1), which could not be repaired in time for the speedway meeting to take place.

The SCB reviewed the circumstances of this postponement, having requested further information from King’s Lynn Speedway and Norfolk Arena Limited, with both parties complying with this investigation.

Both King’s Lynn Speedway and Norfolk Arena Limited have been exonerated of any kind of improper conduct regarding the postponement of the fixture.

A new date for the King’s Lynn v Ipswich fixture will be communicated as soon as possible.

That's OK then - the speedway and it's owners are not to blame 

The fault lay with the stock cars and those owners not being able to repair the damage they caused

I wonder who they are and how the speedway can hold them to account......

• Haha 2

Was there going to be any other outcome..

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Was there going to be any other outcome..

No that was inevitable given the closed ranks of a governing body that is more crooked than the great train robbers. It would be interesting to see what would happen if enough clubs banded together and said they would race under the Nora banner. Seven or more clubs and you have possibly forty nine riders who would have to make a choice to stick with the crooks or go with an organisation who wants to entertain the punters rather than treat the paying public as fools and mugs. The sport needs to be removed from the clutches of the current management set up if it is to have a future.

• Like 1