British Speedway Forum

Will the ties take precedence over the KO Cup? Right now we seem to be at Redcar in the Cup on May 19, although  this has still to be acknowledged by the Glasgow promotion. If we get Redcar does the tie become the BSN semi final? Are BSN Committed to showing all four semis. If so you can't have two on the same night. 

Getting Poole would certainly simplify things slotting them in on May 26 and they can have the first leg on their blank date on May 17... or do they not do first legs?! 

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

You need a longer fishing rod on me!

Worth a try! ;)

18 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Will the ties take precedence over the KO Cup? Right now we seem to be at Redcar in the Cup on May 19, although  this has still to be acknowledged by the Glasgow promotion. If we get Redcar does the tie become the BSN semi final? Are BSN Committed to showing all four semis. If so you can't have two on the same night. 

Getting Poole would certainly simplify things slotting them in on May 26 and they can have the first leg on their blank date on May 17... or do they not do first legs?! 

No problem with first legs. We had first leg of KOC! But are the Danes free on that Weds?! That is what I meant be having to wait til July.

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

My prediction 

Glasgow v Scunthorpe 

Poole v Redcar

12 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

That Cab Direct sponsorship is working well :D

Find out on Friday how good a draw it is. We've been spanked off far weaker looking scorpions sides!!

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Find out on Friday how good a draw it is. We've been spanked off far weaker looking scorpions sides!!

Yes, we do seem to get in tight meetings with Scunthorpe, but like I said earlier, I don't really have a big preference.

Good we got Redcar (I think - might change that thought later!)

1. Lawson has guested a lot for them.(are they regretting that now!)

2. We have 2 ex Redcar riders from last season

3. Ben and Zach love it there (like everyone!)

4. Poole and Redcar's league meetings aren't til June and August so spread out a bit! 

Are Redcar signing a replacement for Riss or just going to carry on using guests?

Edited by lisa-colette

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Good we got Redcar (I think - might change that thought later!)

1. Lawson has guested a lot for them.(are they regretting that now!)

2. We have 2 ex Redcar riders from last season

3. Ben and Zach love it there (like everyone!)

4. Poole and Redcar's league meetings aren't til June and August so spread out a bit! 

Are Redcar signing a replacement for Riss or just going to carry on using guests?

Has it been confirmed which team Lawson will ride for in this one ;)

Worst draw possible for the Bears (see all points above) but hopefully Riss will be back so at least we can have a full team of our own riders.

Mickey Mouse cup anyway* (* I reserve the right to change my mind on this)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Has it been confirmed which team Lawson will ride for in this one ;)

Worst draw possible for the Bears (see all points above) but hopefully Riss will be back so at least we can have a full team of our own riders.

Mickey Mouse cup anyway* (* I reserve the right to change my mind on this)

:D As opposition teams go I like Redcar. Don't tell anyone but I even watch the YT vlogs sshhh!! ;) They run their social media accounts really well. Looking forward to it and should be a decent crowd at Poole with the return of the king! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norfolk Bear said:

My prediction 

Glasgow v Scunthorpe 

Poole v Redcar

Two Friday night tracks without a common blank Friday till June 30 and July 14. Can we wait that long for these meetings or use the league meetings instead. May 12 at Scunthorpe,  June 23 at Glasgow? 

21 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Two Friday night tracks without a common blank Friday till June 30 and July 14. Can we wait that long for these meetings or use the league meetings instead. May 12 at Scunthorpe,  June 23 at Glasgow? 

I suspect they'll use the existing dates this competition and re-organise the league for later. Might help if Glasgow can organise the second leg of the Redcar KO Cup for 26 May too.

On Redcar Instagram dates confirmed as 17th May at Poole, 19th at Redcar. Quick work!!

5 hours ago, Beirao said:

Hope you've noted, we have the 1st leg 

38 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Hope you've noted, we have the 1st leg 

Hope you noticed Redcar have stood us up. Only this afternoon they listed May 19 as Redcar v Glasgow in the KO Cup. Presumably we now race Scunthorpe that night at Ashfield, with this Fridays meeting at Scunthorpe now being a BSN fixture. 

How about specifying no guests from clubs in same qualifying group or from other teams left in the competition?