British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davieb1

Rain

11 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Trouble with Leicester I’m told is the track is the lowest part of that area so when it rains all the rain rolls down to the track so not easy to fix  when had lots of rain

Perimeter drains??

23 hours ago, iainb said:

I don't know that they've redone it all, they've certainly improved it but I assume it can only take so much... probably don't have the luxury of pumping it all out into the rivers like our water company's do!

They have improved the capacity of the tanks and that's it from what was I told. But I could be wrong. So if it rains the tanks can take more the track remains the same condition 

Edited by DiveBomb
Spelling

Leicester track seems to be in a swamp. Poor drainer.

Also read that the vehicles have to drive all over the boggy track to pump water off - thus making the soggy track in even a worse state.  Drains are clearly still not of sufficient capacity.

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

and for those not on FB?

For that I'm about as good as the drains at Leicester.....

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Trouble with Leicester I’m told is the track is the lowest part of that area so when it rains all the rain rolls down to the track so not easy to fix  when had lots of rain

If the track is the lowest part of the area, why do I walk uphill from the car park to the track?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

If the track is the lowest part of the area, why do I walk uphill from the car park to the track?

There is the very large grass area alongside the stadium which must be 3 or 4 metres above the track level.

1 hour ago, Skodaman said:

Before that even i drive up a hill to get to the stadium :)

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

There is the very large grass area alongside the stadium which must be 3 or 4 metres above the track level.

Apart from that it is the lowest part of the area..

3 hours ago, Skodaman said:

And apart from that..

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Before that even i drive up a hill to get to the stadium :)

And this bit...

• Haha 1

On 5/11/2023 at 8:06 PM, mikebv said:

Speedway fans are a pretty hardy bunch, they must be given the stuff they put up with, so, whilst some will be disappointed, most will attend the next time..

And those who plan to attend, booking hotels, or travelling from 100's of miles away, will, by now I am sure, have realised that such an undertaking is fraught with potential disappointment...

I always used to plan my cycle speedway trips with visits to speedway tracks on the way there / home, rarely do that now due to the more frequent call offs. Speedway has become a home crowd & streaming event, mostly.

• Like 1