British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eide67

Edinburgh v Redcar Championship 12th May 2023

Any chance you lot could win a meeting at home?? Every week that goes by our result there looks worse :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Paco won’t be given long on this form. That middle order won’t scare anyone. 

He’s well liked though.Need Pickering back to steady the ship at home.

41 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He’s well liked though.Need Pickering back to steady the ship at home.

I’m sure he’s a good guy and everything but he’s not bringing in the points 

• Like 3

Starting to run out of words to describe how frustrating and rubbish we are.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Must be bad.

26 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Well, that's a start :t:

6 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

I’m sure he’s a good guy and everything but he’s not bringing in the points 

Taking only BSN and Championship meetings into account, Castagna is averaging 5.27 this season. This drops to 4.80 when you include the KOC meetings with Oxford. And, yes, I'm well aware that only Championship counts towards the green sheets.

For a rider who started the season on 4.93, I don't think he's one you can point many fingers at. Unless you expect a sub-5pt rider to turn into Chris Harris overnight?

A summary of the 1-7 -- name; starting average; BSN and Ch; 2023 total, incl. KOC

Pickering 8.92; 7.20; 7.20

Cook 8.24; 8.92; 8.78

Thomson 6.60; 6.36; 6.40

Castagna 4.93; 5.27; 4.80

Fredriksen 4.00; 4.36; 3.87

Hook - 4.00; 4.19; 4.14

Bickley - 2.86; 2.12; 3.08

Based solely on those figures, it's patently obvious where the main problem lies - Josh (and associated guests, not included above) is nowhere near 8.92. That may sound harsh to some but the bottom line is his home average is a mere 6.40 from 2 meetings ridden.

Of course, I've been in this game long enough to understand that future points scored won't always continue on a consistent course to that previously achieved. However, it would appear the expectations of some are beyond reasonable.

45 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

Taking only BSN and Championship meetings into account, Castagna is averaging 5.27 this season. This drops to 4.80 when you include the KOC meetings with Oxford. And, yes, I'm well aware that only Championship counts towards the green sheets.

For a rider who started the season on 4.93, I don't think he's one you can point many fingers at. Unless you expect a sub-5pt rider to turn into Chris Harris overnight?

A summary of the 1-7 -- name; starting average; BSN and Ch; 2023 total, incl. KOC

Pickering 8.92; 7.20; 7.20

Cook 8.24; 8.92; 8.78

Thomson 6.60; 6.36; 6.40

Castagna 4.93; 5.27; 4.80

Fredriksen 4.00; 4.36; 3.87

Hook - 4.00; 4.19; 4.14

Bickley - 2.86; 2.12; 3.08

Based solely on those figures, it's patently obvious where the main problem lies - Josh (and associated guests, not included above) is nowhere near 8.92. That may sound harsh to some but the bottom line is his home average is a mere 6.40 from 2 meetings ridden.

Of course, I've been in this game long enough to understand that future points scored won't always continue on a consistent course to that previously achieved. However, it would appear the expectations of some are beyond reasonable.

It didn’t look a great Team on paper and it’s proving correct.Pickering injury not helping the cause.

• Like 1