British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hawks 1975

Nora 4 team series launch at Sittingbourne on Sunday!

14 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I am not going to another speedway meeting in Britain ever again, this is absolutely disgusting and I can't support it. If I want my speedway fix I will go watch the amateur meetings at Scunthorpe or go to Denmark. Absolutely sickening and unless it's changed, the SCB can forget my custom. I hope others follow suit until the SCB pull their heads out of their arse at least. I will keep an eye out for any future NORA events and I can guarantee I will be in attendance.

If you think for one moment others are going to boycott speedway because of this decision then you are deluded. Whilst it sucks of stupidity it affects a minimal , possibly dozens or less , fans and so life will carry on as normal , the sport slowly dying because of the ineptitude at the top.

47 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

If you think for one moment others are going to boycott speedway because of this decision then you are deluded. Whilst it sucks of stupidity it affects a minimal , possibly dozens or less , fans and so life will carry on as normal , the sport slowly dying because of the ineptitude at the top.

Not that deluded, I am not going again either. I suspect that very few others will take the same step, but it does highlight - yet again - how the stupidity, spite and crass actions of those running speedway have led to paying customers abandoning the sport. 

• Like 3

Ludicrous, petty, short sighted, almost certainly illegal and most importantly derogatory to the future of the sport in this Country, a sport that is wobbling badly as it is. 

I don't know if Barry and Martin's vision could revive speedways fortunes , it seems to work on the isle of Wight and the Kent meeting seemed a success but nationaly I'm not sure . But what I am sure of is the current running of the sport is a ticket to oblivion. Dinosaurs doing the same thing year after expecting different results. Didn't an intelligent chap years ago say that's a sign of madness

• Like 4

Nothing surprises me anymore when I read stories like this about the UK sport.  Oh what a shambles it is. Infighting, selfishness, self interest , lack of vision. 

Memories of the days of the Provincial League in the 1960's when they tried to outlaw riders who rode in the Provincial League. Took a government enquiry to join them all up in one big league and told them to get on with it.  Something radical like that is needed now - personally I don't see it happening with the present bunch - people just aren't interested anymore (including me).   

Still with so few landlords interested nowadays in hosting speedway in their stadiums it wont be long before the whole sorry sport in the UK comes tumbling down.

its a shame there isn't a solicitor/ barrister fan who wd work pro bono, they haven't got a leg to stand on. What the hell are they so scared of??

• Like 4