British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Scunthorpe BSN Trophy 2nd leg - Friday 19 May 7.30pm

4 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Cracking meeting against Ryan Douglas .Loving the progress Ace Pijper is making , roll on the final 

Yes, he was very good at Scunny as well, wish we could find an up and coming rider like Basso and Pijper at Scunny, think we will have Simon Lambert when he is 80 years old

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MD said:

He's a 3 pointer that is somehow on a 5. 

He’s a 3 pointer on a 1.00 although he did manage to beat Ablitt for his point

First time i've visited Glasgow this season and i left thinking this could be the year barring injuries that the Tigers lift some silverware. Bomber for me has always been box office regardless of where he rides, he's just a class act and  worth the admission money on his own.  Along with the in form duo of Basso and Brennan they form a strong heat leader trio. Glasgow seems to bring out the best in big Claus Vissing who along with Marcin Nowak form strong second strings. Ace Pjiper was very impressive tonight for someone 16 years old and as a Worky fan i'm gonna enjoy watching his progress for the Comets NDL team while the reborn Lee Complin is not far away from scoring bigger points. 

Bearing in mind it was cloudy most of the afternoon i was disappointed that there was dust from heat 1. Some of the racing was top drawer especially from Bomber and Tom Brennan.

Scunny with the exception of flying Ryan Douglas and the early races of MPT were generally disappointing.The previous comments regarding their recent team changes are well justified in my opinion.

At £20 pound admission and £3-50 for a programme its just as well the racing was generally entertaining.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Gazc said:

Looked a clean pass to me but I am looking at it head on , seemed harsh from my viewpoint.

when i saw it live i thought that  Vissing would be excluded for that , but after the replays he was unlucky to have the decision go against him

Well Done Glasgow

• Like 1

Great racing from all the riders, especially from Pijper, Harris , Brennan  MPT and Douglas .

• Like 1

Was a tad dusty, but the wind was drying the track out as fast as the water going on, racing was much better than the scoreline suggested. Ryan Douglas was very impressive  and MPT started really well then faded, Simon Lambert usually does well at Glasgow but struggled last night. Tigers middle pairing are a powerhouse and only Douglas managed to stop them. I was well impressed with young Ace, there is no pressure on the lad but he shows a level head for one so young, don't think he will keep that 2 point average for long. Maybe this will be the year for the Tigers but early days, we seem to have a habit of losing someone through injury at the business end of the season, maybe this year we will have some good luck and stay injury free.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fromafar said:

They maybe thought Lucifer Sam was planning a visit and didn’t want to take any chances this time.

Surprised Nathan Ablitt hasn't posted videos of the dust. :drink:

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

First off Douglas is a class act, but clegg  is riding as a heat leader and has just been beaten by a 15 yr old reserve and the only point he has scored is against a ablitt I feel for the scunny fans but have zero sympathy for Godfrey.

15 yr old reserves CAN NOT ride in the Championship.:oops: :icon_smile_clown: . Minimum age is 16. B)

14 hours ago, MD said:

He's a 3 pointer that is somehow on a 5. 

Based on scoring at Newcastle in 2021. Thompson twins similarly based on Leicester performances & even our own Mr Scunthorpe, Josh Auty, who was a 9+ rider at home but around 5-6 away.

Most riders have favourable tracks & some they hate. 

27 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

15 yr old reserves CAN NOT ride in the Championship.:oops: :icon_smile_clown: . Minimum age is 16. B)

I apologise your heat leader only beat his mate and got beat by a 16 year old inexperienced reserve my apologies.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Surprised Nathan Ablitt hasn't posted videos of the dust. :drink:

Maybe he has 

Edited by Bandit59

1 minute ago, Bandit59 said:

Maybe he has 

Can’t see anything though, he has either took his phone to the shower with him or it’s dusty.

• Haha 2

Only saw last 8/9 heats. 

Weej were as expected. 

Scunny were as expected apart from Dougie who was excellent - great gating (just a tiny bit of creeping here and there).

Star was Greg Blair though. The guy is such an enthusiastic broadcaster - puts so many professionals to shame. 

26 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Only saw last 8/9 heats. 

Weej were as expected. 

Scunny were as expected apart from Dougie who was excellent - great gating (just a tiny bit of creeping here and there).

Star was Greg Blair though. The guy is such an enthusiastic broadcaster - puts so many professionals to shame. 

Getting Philip Schofield's job on This Morning 

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

First off Douglas is a class act, but clegg  is riding as a heat leader and has just been beaten by a 15 yr old reserve and the only point he has scored is against a ablitt I feel for the scunny fans but have zero sympathy for Godfrey.

4 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

I apologise your heat leader only beat his mate and got beat by a 16 year old inexperienced reserve my apologies.

Again, I point out your error. Just because Clegg rides at 3 does not mean he is a heat leader, the top 3 in averages are which are Douglas, Palm Toft & Allen.

If you are going to make a point, make sure it is actually correct. But then again, any thing Godfrey or Scunthorpe you like to make up our inefficiencies.