British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

BRUMMIES V EDINBURGH Wed 17th May CL

17 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

No difference in average... joking aside!

Just the 2 points, Sedgmen's a heat leader, Ashley's never been much more than a reserve.

Justin's obviously under performing at Birmingham but done well away, for Leicester and guest bookings.

Ashley 4.92 average could replace Stefan 4.93 

On 5/18/2023 at 8:01 AM, GiveusaB said:

Or the loyal paying fans ???

It's the last penny I spend watching this side whilst Rogers is in charge!

Understand the sentiment, but this management team will be our last one. We should back them until they decide to go or get kicked by the stadium owners ( see Wolverhampton). I suspect we’ll close at that point.

3 hours ago, heathen52 said:

Which brings me around to how did BV get around this promoters thingy when the previous promotion ended at the NSS ?.

In my last post, I did refer to BSPZzzz rules and regulations. There's the clue. The very organisation who makes up rules with the sole aim of driving a bulldozer through them sometimes. Overlooking the promoters license rule for Belle Vue was obviously deemed to be "in the best interests of British Speedway" or something. Bet your bottom dollar it wouldn't be allowed at Birmingham though.

11 hours ago, SSL84 said:

Who would you like to put in as manager?  L.R does not get paid. Think the only one you could get is rossco , or Lee kilbey  but don't think either one would want it. Don't forget it's got to be someone who as got a promoter's license.  

No I would not, I run a successful business and I know to get the right person for the right  job you have to pay the going rate, Rogers can stay there but as a odd job man, so could keep is promoter’s license, whilst Rogers is TM I will not attend Birmingham Speedway, and I know of at least 12 other supporters are of the same opinion, So really whilst he doesn’t get paid (how do you know this) he is in fact costing the club a lot of money.Having spoken to several Edinburgh supporters they said the Track on Wednesday was perfect it’s just that the Birmingham team are rubbish, a team presumably put together by Rogers 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

In my last post, I did refer to BSPZzzz rules and regulations. There's the clue. The very organisation who makes up rules with the sole aim of driving a bulldozer through them sometimes. Overlooking the promoters license rule for Belle Vue was obviously deemed to be "in the best interests of British Speedway" or something. Bet your bottom dollar it wouldn't be allowed at Birmingham though.

Have to say I agree with your last sentence.

6 minutes ago, Argos said:

No I would not, I run a successful business and I know to get the right person for the right  job you have to pay the going rate, Rogers can stay there but as a odd job man, so could keep is promoter’s license, whilst Rogers is TM I will not attend Birmingham Speedway, and I know of at least 12 other supporters are of the same opinion, So really whilst he doesn’t get paid (how do you know this) he is in fact costing the club a lot of money.Having spoken to several Edinburgh supporters they said the Track on Wednesday was perfect it’s just that the Birmingham team are rubbish, a team presumably put together by Rogers 

I believe LR should consider resigning as Birmingham Team Manager but remain as co promoter now that would be in the best interests of Birmingham Speedway as a whole.

Edited by heathen52
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Depending on how long they think Nielsen will be out for, I'd expect Dan to be joining his brother very soon at Brum 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, heathen52 said:

Have to say I agree with your last sentence.

I believe LR should consider resigning as Birmingham Team Manager but remain as co promoter now that would be in the best interests of Birmingham Speedway as a whole.

What's interesting is that LR never become one of the partners / directors in the consortium that runs the club. He assembled a group of people prepared to invest their kids inheritances in the club, but financially, he's kept at arms length from either the risk or reward. It'd be cheeky beyond belief to ask for a salary when he hasn't made a financial commitment, and the people who have invested in the club probably aren't getting paid either, and stand to lose their investments if the venture goes belly-up.

2 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

What's interesting is that LR never become one of the partners / directors in the consortium that runs the club. He assembled a group of people prepared to invest their kids inheritances in the club, but financially, he's kept at arms length from either the risk or reward. It'd be cheeky beyond belief to ask for a salary when he hasn't made a financial commitment, and the people who have invested in the club probably aren't getting paid either, and stand to lose their investments if the venture goes belly-up.

It has been said before he is good with other peoples money.!!!

5 hours ago, uk_martin said:

That is a very one sided argument . What about the people who volunteer their time at every track up and down the country . Thousands of hours which are not paid for  , holidays from work taken , time with loved ones lost and all you can think about is how to try and pick on one person at a club.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, uk_martin said:

But what’s the difference as the Judge had no financial interest in the club (presumably) and he was on a wage(presumably)

On 5/20/2023 at 6:21 PM, Petecc said:

That is a very one sided argument . What about the people who volunteer their time at every track up and down the country . Thousands of hours which are not paid for  , holidays from work taken , time with loved ones lost and all you can think about is how to try and pick on one person at a club.

Yeah, but LR is the person who is in a "professional position" and who it's made a point of, that he doesn't get paid. Like the contrast is being made to every other professional team manager where there is an expectation that they do get paid, that LR is some kind of hero for donating his time for free...maybe? I mean, why else was that fact made public?

So, does not being paid make him an amateur?  :D :rofl: 

9 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Yeah, but LR is the person who is in a "professional position" and who it's made a point of, that he doesn't get paid. Like the contrast is being made to every other professional team manager where there is an expectation that they do get paid, that LR is some kind of hero for donating his time for free...maybe? I mean, why else was that fact made public?

So, does not being paid make him an amateur?  :D :rofl: 

No, his team selection/signings and match tactics take care of that!

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2023 at 11:05 PM, The Dog said:

Depending on how long they think Nielsen will be out for, I'd expect Dan to be joining his brother very soon at Brum