British Speedway Forum
W9 Lion

Leicester v Sheffield

This looks like it should be a cracker with the line-ups having been declared for Monday's big Sports Insure Premiership clash between the Watling JCB Lions and Sheffield at the Pidcock Motorcycles Arena, Beaumont Park.

The teams will line up as follows:

LEICESTER
1. Max Fricke 8.27
2. Justin Sedgmen 4.98
3. Richard Lawson 7.71
4. Chris Harris (c) 7.64
5. Nick Morris 6.71
6. Jake Allen 4.00
7. Dan Thompson RS
TM Stewart Dickson

SHEFFIELD
1. Jack Holder 8.20
2. Kyle Howarth (c) 5.40
3. David Bellego 5.80
4. Tobiasz Musielak 8.07
5. Adam Ellis 6.33
6. Lewis Kerr 5.27
7. Dan Gilkes RS
TM Simon Stead

The action gets underway on Monday at 7.30pm.

This, i think is going to be a very interesting clash between 2 fairly even teams.  Musielak is doing great things for the Tigers, but it's great to see how much Max has improved in the last few weeks riding not just for us but also in Sweden and Poland. He seems to have got his mojo back! Justin, for me, has been a revelation and Richard has been pulling in some impressive scores too.  I suspect that this is a match with a few twists and turns as the evening progresses which should make good television, but you can't beat the real thing by getting your back side track side to experience the drama unfold and cheering the Lions on at Beaumaont Park.  Lions for a slender win I think.

Edited by PowerfulPierre
  • Like 1

Two full sides* with no guests or R/R, hallelujah!

*at the moment!

Don’t think Musielak , Holder or Bellego will have done many laps around Leicester so they’ll need to be on the front foot so to not allow a solid Leicester team to get early momentum.  Think the key rider for Sheffield will be Kyle Howarth, knows the quickest way around the track after a couple of years there so a lot will depend on how fit he is after recent knocks and as for Leicester Fricke Morris and Lawson will need to be in the top of their game if the Sheffieod heat leaders get dialled in.  If Allen and Thompson get the drop over Allen and Gilkes in the scoring that could turn the result in their favour 

Sheffield to nip this in a last heat decider. We've seen many top riders this year go to Leicester and show you don't need many laps around Leicester to crack it. Bewley and Emil have proved that. So I think Tomas and holder will be fine. Howarth will be key for them

Edited by DiveBomb
Spelling

Musielak hasn’t ridden Leicester for a fair few years. But he always rides it well. Enjoy watching him. Ellis a little more hit & miss. Won’t be much in it

Lovely night for some speedway this evening... just saying (again) :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

It will be on Monday too :t:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, iainb said:

Should have never moved race nights don't think anyone even asked for it

3 hours ago, DiveBomb said:

Should have never moved race nights don't think anyone even asked for it

Saturday night and there's not 1 meeting on in the UK south of Redcar... a really sad state of affairs

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, iainb said:

Saturday night and there's not 1 meeting on in the UK south of Redcar... a really sad state of affairs

Still don't understand why we moved  the leagues. I haven't spoken to anyone who prefers the prem and Thursday/Monday nights.

On 5/19/2023 at 7:03 PM, Bagpuss said:

Two full sides* with no guests or R/R, hallelujah!

*at the moment!

Is Howarth fit then? Thought he picked up a wrist injury at Oxford? Maybe not too bad then. 

10 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

Still don't understand why we moved  the leagues. I haven't spoken to anyone who prefers the prem and Thursday/Monday nights.

Come back!!! :D

• Like 1