British Speedway Forum
W9 Lion

Leicester v Sheffield

3 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Perhaps it should be like American Football, the Poles grace us with a league match in this country and show the BSPA how it is done. Imagine two top clubs from Poland racing in Manchester or Ipswich or Poole and have it televised live on a Sunday afternoon. I guess we just have to dream on but the sport in the U.K. is nowhere near the level that will generate enthusiasm amongst the punters that it does in Poland. Sadly it is past its best in this country.

If they had someone with a drum and someone with a mega phone like the Poles do, all you would hear is..

"It's too noisy"...

"I can't see with him with the drum in the way, and I always stand here"..

"Where's me tartan blanket?"...

• Haha 1

This meeting won't make any highlights reel 

worst team on the day?  sheffield or eurosport 

17 minutes ago, Elmo said:

It’s fine here we can see everything lol

Even through the dust

Was really looking forward to seeing some league racing on tv for the first time in a long while. This meeting as been very poor on a number of levels. One wonders why they didn't do the wolves meeting instead of this one? After the first few heats was inclined to switch it off, but stayed with it to see if it improved.

Overall very disappointing advert for speedway. The commentating seems very tired, as if they have lost interest in the proceedings too. 

Edited by Mr. Clemens
  • Like 2

How are Leicester not quite there yet? Three 5-0s to Sheffield would still mean they lose.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Clemens said:

Was really looking forward to seeing some league racing on tv for the first time in a long while. This meeting as been very poor on a number of levels. One wonders why they didn't do the wolves meeting instead of this one? After the first few heats was inclined to switch it off, but stayed with it to see if it improved.

Overall very disappointing advert for speedway. 

As we will say forever...

You need a large, noisy, enthusiastic crowd to add atmosphere and make the event look like it actually means something to any potential watching sports fan....

Baffles me why promotions who get given such an opportunity to advertise what they do for two whole hours, seem quite happy to not bother selling themselves to a wider audience....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mikebv said:

You need a large, noisy, enthusiastic crowd to add atmosphere and make the event look like it actually means something to any potential watching sports fan....

Baffles me why promotions who get given such an opportunity to advertise what they do for two whole hours, seem quite happy to not bother selling themselves to a wider audience....

There's been a noisy contingent of Sheffield fans chanting for most of the night... mainly slagging off Belle Vue :D

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Problem is you get tired of making the same observations over and over again, knowing full well nothing will change. The other problem is, your enthusiasm for the sport becomes subject to the laws of diminishing returns until you lose interest in the sport altogether!!! 

• Like 2

This coverage has been nothing short of deplorable and you are kidding yourself on thinking any different.

Kelvin ‘no doubt about that’ Tatum just does not cut it either. How on earth David Rowe does not get the main gig for this sport I do not know.

BSN is the future and present clearly.

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

There's been a noisy contingent of Sheffield fans chanting for most of the night... mainly slagging off Belle Vue :D

Keep them away from any sheep...;)

• Haha 2