British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole Vs Scunny league 24th May

As covered above big differences are the bike costs (as in purchase and maintenance) if you have that sponsored in the UK, Poland or both then happy days and its just travelling time but extra bike time and pay. If you don't then its double outlay and any extra monies earned are being spent out at a much higher rate. The fact is that sponsorships are landed by likeable, hard working and appreciative people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Is Simon Lambert just jealous because he'll never be good enough to ride in Poland? What Drew is doing isn't baffling at all. There's more support, more opportunities to ride, more money, more training, more professional set ups... Riding in Poland is a no brainer if you're good enough. Rather than being sh!t on by the way the sport is run in this country, getting dropped from teams for being too good (too high average) for next to no money etc etc...

I'm not a fan of Drew, but I know and respect what his decisions are, I think they're pretty sensible tbh...

Rather have Simon Lambert than Kemp in my team.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Rather have Simon Lambert than Kemp in my team.

So would I... But no higher than at number 2. As I say, I'm not a fan of Kemp, but I understand his decisions

I still think Ablitt should be at 7 as we can always swap them around after heat 4 if not working.

Heat 14 going to be scunny downfall. Do you go 6 down after 13 put dougy in?

Scunny keeping this close is a minor miracle with a 4 man team … The Cook brothers having an off night …. Scunny hopes in 13 and 15 and if they 6 behind after heat 13 then Douglas T/S for sure …. 

Worralls home form is a concern 

Edited by Gavan

Mental taking the 4-2 in 13, surely TM told them.if no 5-1 make sure 3-3? Might be difference in the bonus point 

• Like 1

Super Ryan Douglas 18 pt maximum  making a mockery of Pirates fans calling a big result out earlier in the week , a few others pitched in for the Scorpions .

Ive watched on streams and visited most championships tracks and tonight was a very boring meeting , gate and go all night and I wouldn’t pay to watch that week in week out . Not a patch on proper raceways like Oxford ,Glasgow, Redcar and Scunthorpe  .  Great chance to get the bonus point back at the EW Raceway

Great effort by a 4 man team.

On another note still can't believe Poole chose to keep Worrall over Danny King. 

Worrall is nothing but a GT were as King is actually entertaining to watch.

Edited by Fozzie4388

Same could be said of Lawson as a GT!!

3 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Same could be said of Lawson as a GT!!

Not as much as he used to be. Did a pretty good pass on King at Redcar. 

9 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Super Ryan Douglas 18 pt maximum  making a mockery of Pirates fans calling a big result out earlier in the week , a few others pitched in for the Scorpions .

Ive watched on streams and visited most championships tracks and tonight was a very boring meeting , gate and go all night and I wouldn’t pay to watch that week in week out . Not a patch on proper raceways like Oxford ,Glasgow, Redcar and Scunthorpe  .  Great chance to get the bonus point back at the EW Raceway

I would just be grateful you have that! 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not as much as he used to be. Did a pretty good pass on King at Redcar. 

The son of God is more consistent from the gate too imo. 

• Like 1