British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Redcar vs Glasgow KOC QF 1st leg 26th May

6 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Don't worry, I'm sure whoever finishes second bottom in the premiership (probably Ross County) will go on to pump the Jags

I’m a neutral, I don’t really care! Wouldn’t mind Kilmarnock finishing second bottom, then I might be able to go to both legs of the final final. I’d support the Jags if I was going to that…

Although speedway at Ashfield wins over all other sporting events!

• Like 1

This kind of thing happens every year in the Cami era, everyone's expectations are sky high based mostly on home form then they undo that incredible advantage by performing in a mediocre manner in important ties away from home and I think a similar thing will happen once again with Poole in the BSN final. Just my opinion but I think Poole will win that competition and I also think Glasgow are now out of the KO Cup too.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

This kind of thing happens every year in the Cami era, everyone's expectations are sky high based mostly on home form then they undo that incredible advantage by performing in a mediocre manner in important ties away from home and I think a similar thing will happen once again with Poole in the BSN final. Just my opinion but I think Poole will win that competition and I also think Glasgow are now out of the KO Cup too.

Your doing Redcar an injustice they were very good tonight, I think we have to accept that on the night we were well beaten by the better team.

Its a big ask for the second leg but never say never, things don’t always go the way you want it in any sport personally I’m not overly concerned bad night at the office we will bounce back.

• Like 5

I think the most disappointing thing is due to the incredibly short format of the season, we've probably done ourselves out of another 2 home meetings, but there's 15 heats to turn it around.

Redcars choice of guest for Tuesday will be the key to how the meeting ends result wise. Need 8-9 points from his 4 rides to progress in my opinion. Rumours last night about it being Richie Worrall, but who knows. 

38 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Will Glasgow be streaming on Tuesday?

Unfortunately not.

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Unfortunately not.

Such a shame. Enjoyed every stream I’ve watched from Glasgow in the past. 

2 hours ago, Biffa said:

Redcars choice of guest for Tuesday will be the key to how the meeting ends result wise. Need 8-9 points from his 4 rides to progress in my opinion. Rumours last night about it being Richie Worrall, but who knows. 

Richie wouldn't have been my choice, stated didn't like the track when got dropped a few years back and can't remember him having a good meeting since. The test match last year maybe? With danyon, Connor Wright and king I can't see how you'll struggle to get 38 points at ashfield personally.

On a side note is Lee's form becoming a concern? Kept track of guest bookings etc in the last month and he's not doing well. Being replaced by ace in final ride too last night

10 hours ago, Gazc said:

Your doing Redcar an injustice they were very good tonight, I think we have to accept that on the night we were well beaten by the better team.

Its a big ask for the second leg but never say never, things don’t always go the way you want it in any sport personally I’m not overly concerned bad night at the office we will bounce back.

Were Redcar very good or Glasgow very bad? Bit of both i would think.Harris getting 5 is strange, Vissing and the reserves only 8 between them is unusual on what is regarded as a track that is liked by most riders so maybe just an off night for the tigers which wont be repeated against Poole   

40 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Richie wouldn't have been my choice, stated didn't like the track when got dropped a few years back and can't remember him having a good meeting since. The test match last year maybe? With danyon, Connor Wright and king I can't see how you'll struggle to get 38 points at ashfield personally.

On a side note is Lee's form becoming a concern? Kept track of guest bookings etc in the last month and he's not doing well. Being replaced by ace in final ride too last night

One rider Redcar fans would not like is Ritchie Worrall

1 hour ago, Norfolk Bear said:

One rider Redcar fans would not like is Ritchie Worrall

They didn’t like his brother last week but cheered him this week. History is just that, move on.

• Like 3

Steve rode for us previously, his brother injured quite a few of our riders when he rode for Newcastle. I personally don’t rate him as a No 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Were Redcar very good or Glasgow very bad? Bit of both i would think.Harris getting 5 is strange, Vissing and the reserves only 8 between them is unusual on what is regarded as a track that is liked by most riders so maybe just an off night for the tigers which wont be repeated against Poole   

Maybe Glasgow just went there at the wrong time. Never easy to go to an away track when they have just lost at home as they are more determined to put it right, although I did think it would be a 48-42 score. 

• Like 1

I am assuming a Poole HL would have been guesting for Redcar if we weren't riding as well.