British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scoobydoo

Peterborough v Leicester 29/05/23

2 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Dont think Basso is very happy after seeing his Instagram story 

Picked a stone up from where I was stood on the back straight tonight and you certainly wouldn’t want that coming towards your finger at any kind of velocity 

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Numbers wise I couldn't tell you as it's so big 

I've been at Alwalton for Fours Finals when there was no room on the back straight!

3 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Picked a stone up from where I was stood on the back straight tonight and you certainly wouldn’t want that coming towards your finger at any kind of velocity 

Could have ended up in the crowd also... All big stones are meant to be removed.

26 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Why does have to be not caring or lack of guts? Perhaps they just aren't good enough. From the clips on Eurosport there appears to be no lack of effort and determination. Just Leicester are better.

Lack of effort, body language, and getting passed easily...I was actually there to see this..it's my opinion and I'll stick with it thanks .

Edited by chrismorton

Don’t think it was lack of effort although there has certainly been a few cases of that this season. Leicester just have a better side than us, chuck that on a pile of meetings we would of won with a decent number 1

Rob Lyon down playing talk of team changes on radio cambs. This is getting stupid.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Lack of effort, body language, and getting passed easily...I was actually there to see this..it's my opinion and I'll stick with it thanks

Not sure why you are being so defensive. Getting passed easily would be a symptom of not being good enough would it not? Every race we saw on Eurosport showed P'boro riders busting a gut to either stay in front or try and pass the rider in front if them. Its insulting to professional sportsmen to say that they dont care, aren't trying hard enough or don't have the balls for the fight. 

And that's my opinion thanks :D

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Rob Lyon down playing talk of team changes on radio cambs. This is getting stupid.  

He’s probably heard enough cack and excuses from certain individuals like a lot of others

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Tomasz Gollob's last bend dive on Jimmy Nilsen?

yes if you were polish.:t:

• Like 1

Can’t believe he pulled out for that lol

9e084f0d-e2ae-48c9-8303-58325af875ac.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Carl Johnson said on last weeks podcast that there would be an announcement about a new signing

59 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Can’t believe he pulled out for that lol

9e084f0d-e2ae-48c9-8303-58325af875ac.jpeg

I must say Basso didn’t look very injured to me when seen carrying his kitbag out of the pits and then signed a young fan’s picture.

Not saying he didn’t get hit but think a bit of ice spray could fix it 

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Not sure why you are being so defensive. Getting passed easily would be a symptom of not being good enough would it not? Every race we saw on Eurosport showed P'boro riders busting a gut to either stay in front or try and pass the rider in front if them. Its insulting to professional sportsmen to say that they dont care, aren't trying hard enough or don't have the balls for the fight. 

And that's my opinion thanks :D

Tonight was my first visit to the Showground and I thought that the racing was top notch. That was because I saw all riders having a real go and Bagpuss is right, the outcome was down to that little bit of quality on top of effort. Criticism of the Panthers’ riders is a little harsh.

It was a little sad driving back to Leicester knowing that was likely to be my only visit to this track. Now that I’ve seen the place, I’m more frustrated than ever to see yet another(…..yawn….) great track disappear into the history books.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, flagrag said:

I must say Basso didn’t look very injured to me when seen carrying his kitbag out of the pits and then signed a young fan’s picture.

Not saying he didn’t get hit but think a bit of ice spray could fix it 

No doubt you would have slagged him off if he hadn't signed the picture and ignored the lad. I don't suppose you offered to carry his kit bag or offer your medical opinion?

• Like 1