British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Glasgow V. Birmingham 2nd June

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

What if?

After the result the other night i started thinking about how we should not have let Hume and Bailey go to bring in Novak and Complin. With hindsight it was a mistake and i was never too keen on seeing Harris back for the Tigers either. If there had been any chance of bringing in Charles Wright instead of Chris Harris this could have been the Tigers team this season:   

1   Basso                   8.52  (returnee)
2   Vissing                 5.00  (new addition)
3   Wright                  7.40   (new addition)
4   Hume                   5.68   (returnee)
5   Brennan (c)         6.71   (returnee)
6   Bailey                   4.32   (returnee)
7   Pijper                    2.00   (new addition)

Out: Broc, Ulrich and Cookie.

Thoughts? 

It's a nice team but I wouldn't go for it, primarily because Connor really needed to go and get experience somewhere else, for his own progression. Also, don't see Charles Wright signing for Glasgow, despite being mega around the track.

1 hour ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Recent history, do you think that team would have won at Scunthorpe?

Two weeks ago Redcar fans wanted rid of Danyon & Connor after they lost at home to Poole.

FYI Marcin Nowak has a higher average this season in Polish Div. 2 than Ryan Douglas, Sam Masters & Nick Morris

The Redcar fans didn’t, just a couple of the usual key board warriors did. Every club has them, unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Recent history, do you think that team would have won at Scunthorpe?

Two weeks ago Redcar fans wanted rid of Danyon & Connor after they lost at home to Poole.

FYI Marcin Nowak has a higher average this season in Polish Div. 2 than Ryan Douglas, Sam Masters & Nick Morris

Think part of the trouble is Marcin keeps outgating Harris and is a road block at times.

• Like 1

Looks another sunny day tomorrow although not as warm as was last few days, hopefully help with track prep. 

On track be disappointed not to hit 55, nick and sedgy apart pretty poor ashfield records all round. Even they aren't consistently good (see sedgy on Tuesday). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Think part of the trouble is Marcin keeps outgating Harris and is a road block at times.

Or like Tuesday heat 6 Bomber almost puts him in the fence on turn 2 in his haste to get to the outside. Marcin has to shut off and ends up out the back.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Or like Tuesday heat 6 Bomber almost puts him in the fence on turn 2 in his haste to get to the outside. Marcin has to shut off and ends up out the back.

In other words not a good pairing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

The Redcar fans didn’t, just a couple of the usual key board warriors did. Every club has them, unfortunately.

So what makes you not being a keyboard warrior?

12 hours ago, tyretrax said:

So what makes you not being a keyboard warrior?

Because his post is factual??

• Like 2

@Gazc big news basso is riding you can let skidder know. Don't want him getting worked up about it

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Fromafar said:

14 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

14 hours ago, Fromafar said:

In other words not a good pairing.

If they don't ride well together, time for the team manager to swap the pairings around?

2. Vissing

3. Brennan

4. Nowak

5. Basso

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If they don't ride well together, time for the team manager to swap the pairings around?

2. Vissing

3. Brennan

4. Nowak

5. Basso

I wouldn't mind seeing how this worked as pairings as well, especially around Ashfield. 

Edited by cheggie
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, cheggie said:

I wouldn't mind seeing how this worked as pairings as well, especially around Ashfield. 

I'm no sure there's any pairing will work too well, they all want the same bit of track going to have incidents unfortunately..price pay for team of racers 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I'm no sure there's any pairing will work too well, they all want the same bit of track going to have incidents unfortunately..price pay for team of racers 

Yeah, I get that and I am sure that was brought up at the start of the season - our team is full of racers, all going to be chasing the same piece of shale....

But when it starts costing potential points and heat wins - surely it's worthwhile at least trying something a little different?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

2. Vissing

3. Brennan

4. Nowak

5. Basso

Like Bomber and Claus won't be looking for the same bit of track!

I think Tom would be best partner for Chris as he can ride the inside line.

Basso at 5

So that would pair Claus & Marcin at 3 & 4, swap around as fit depending on home or away 

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

This. I think they're fine as they are. Our 3/4 pairing is a big advantage against most teams. We only drop points when Claus misses the gate and trips over riders as he blazes past them.

Nowak at 2 cleans up in heat 8. And Tom has really grown in to the 5 slot. He's very reliable and that can be very important at 5 - you don't want riders who blow hot and cold there.

It's a good team, they need to stay healthy and make sure they're ready to peak in September. No need to be perfect in June.

• Like 1