British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Glasgow Vs Redcar 2nd leg KOC QF 30th May

After watching Glasgow against Scunthorpe recently I'm surprised at how easy the Tigers appear to have succumbed. Great result for the Bears.

• Like 1

It's a difficult pill for Glasgow I'm sure.

Harris isn't firing as he did last year, Vissing is probably exceeding expectations of some.

Basso and Brennan are good prospects but both are at that stage where their careers could go either way and neither are yet consistent heat leaders let alone able to take weight off Harris.

The other aspect is that both Basso and Brennan make be more focussed on PL and certainly on opportunities abroad and probably saving best kit for that.

The reserves are a combination of an excellent young kid who has a great future but would ideally be supported by an older hand who takes the pressure off, the reality is Complin has regressed from last season. Muscle bound / building simply does not work in speedway, the bulk affects weight / power ration, it's more a sport for jockeys than body builders. Look at Lewis Bridger as an example when he tried the muscle man fitness route.

10 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Scunthorpe will be a very difficult team to beat over 2 legs, particularly now they have strengthened. Think they ride Redcar better than we ride Scunny (well we will see on Friday I guess). Edwards moves up and Bailey at reserve.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

That's a terrible quote by the way as you should never call a rider rubbish as they risk there lives when they go out on track ,,,, aA more constructive phrase like ( I think Lee complin needs to take a step back from this league & enjoy his racing at national League level & rebuild to the form he's had in the past to compete in the championship ) do you agree or not 

I don't believe he can get bk to level for championship racing the odd point here or there but nl heat leader at best imo.

Glasgows two reserves should stick to the NDL : Ace to get the experience and track time to build his confidence without the pressure of CL expectations.

Lee should enjoy his racing at the lower level with Mildenhall because he is not going to reach the levels he did before.

Lee is also, imo, taking on too many other bookings with added travelling and, I don't care what anyone argues, he cannot possibly give Glasgow 100% either physically or mentally.

Who Glasgow would get as replacements is another story and perhaps 3 changes are actually required to make the numbers add.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lee is noticeably struggling to control the bike for whatever reason and it shows. In the early heats at Ashfield you really need to hug the white line however coming off the corners he can't hold it. Twice last night he got done inside and out on bends one to two and is often very untidy or out of shape off turn four.

Perhaps Lee is over trying but its doing him no favours. He was much more effective at Berwick where the big track corners are less intensive.

The light will be shining on him as he's got experience but so also does Marcin who was woeful last night and Sedgmen who put in an average Sedgmen performance.

Our rider of the season last year came back to remind us what we are missing.

Edited by MD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

Glasgows two reserves should stick to the NDL : Ace to get the experience and track time to build his confidence without the pressure of CL expectations.

Lee should enjoy his racing at the lower level with Mildenhall because he is not going to reach the levels he did before.

Lee is also, imo, taking on too many other bookings with added travelling and, I don't care what anyone argues, he cannot possibly give Glasgow 100% either physically or mentally.

Who Glasgow would get as replacements is another story and perhaps 3 changes are actually required to make the numbers add.

And replace him with who though? Another 2-pointer who isn't ready for the CL?

3 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Yeah, Ace has been doing well I thought. Also not sure you can replace Lee either. All those 4/5 pointers that were left out, aren't available anymore so would have to be a new assessed 4 point rider? 

12 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Broken finger !!!!

I remember watching Kenny Carter being carried out of, and back into the pits with a broken leg at Oxford in a qualifier for the British Final, and it was pretty much drizzle all day and throughout the meeting.

Mind you his leg was only broken in 4 places.

Never mind the qualifier,he won the final at Coventry,in the rain,with the leg still broken.

34 minutes ago, StevePark said:

If you reread my post you'll see I suggested 3 changes. I'm sure we could get by without a 2 pointer.

Introducing 2 pointers was a joke and I'm pretty sure it was a way of ensuring teams had 7 riders.

They've diluted the standard of the sport.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mc131 said:

I don't believe he can get bk to level for championship racing the odd point here or there but nl heat leader at best imo.

34 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Seriously confused by this ace chat. The kid got what paid 8/9 against scunny, 5 away at scunny and Redcar. That's way above expectations. He has one bad night and all of a sudden it's too soon? Ffs what utter drivel. Like the rest was caught out by a grippier than usual track. He's probably scored more than ablitt did the whole of last season. Ridiculous comments 

The young lad will easily get a 7 point average in the NDL with Workington & keep his average or even rise to possibly 3.5 in the championship IMO 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

That's a terrible quote by the way as you should never call a rider rubbish as they risk there lives when they go out on track ,,,, aA more constructive phrase like ( I think Lee complin needs to take a step back from this league & enjoy his racing at national League level & rebuild to the form he's had in the past to compete in the championship ) do you agree or not 

They ALL risk their lives every time they go out on the track but so do firefighters and i don't wish to see someone employed by the fire brigade riding at number 6 if he's incapable of keeping up with the opposition. Lee needs to start losing a LOT of weight to be effective on a bike again and on hot days like yesterday he was not able to compete because of that additional timber. Harsh but true. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

He rode well at Redcar, outscored Complin, and Vissing. He's definitely a star of the future and worth sticking with. One other point, for a rider of his experience, Chris Harris seems to have a lot of retirements/ef's

Edited by redlead
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MD said:

Lee is noticeably struggling to control the bike for whatever reason and it shows. In the early heats at Ashfield you really need to hug the white line however coming off the corners he can't hold it. Twice last night he got done inside and out on bends one to two and is often very untidy or out of shape off turn four.

It's simply his WEIGHT. It was a stinking hot evening yesterday and he struggled because he is FAR TOO OVERWEIGHT for wearing leathers in those kind of conditions and going out in 4 races on a speedway bike. That's it. There's nothing else wrong with Lee, he can get points on colder evening against inferior opposition but don't expect him to rack up any points during a heatwave. You'll see what i mean on Friday night if the weather forecast is accurate.

Edited by Nickinho