British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Wolves June 1st

26 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Having just looked at updates site,,,,, has Danny given up chasing the top 2 for the number 1 jacket?  

To be fair very few riders in the league would have a chance of doing that.

So,,  last year we failed on the silverware front because Doyle had no back up,,,, and this year he has the back up,, but we are still are vulnerable,, especially at home,,,,

1 minute ago, Beowulf said:

To be fair very few riders in the league would have a chance of doing that.

I know,  maybe just don't say it every year 

Indefensible performance that, can’t wait to hear how Hawkins puts a positive spin on that and says something about Danny not being himself or some crap.

too much pressure on Danyon.

barker not good enough to replace riss - hence his average is almost 2 points lower.

King absolutely miles off did he beat an opponent tonight???

what’s the point in rew being in the team if he’s in Poland?? I know it’s not the kids fault but why British speedway have agreed to lettingnpoland have priority on Thursdays is beyond me

Great result for the Wolves, a 2nd time running the boys have 5-1’d Doyle and Emil. 

• Like 2

Hate to say it as the young lad is trying but we desperately need more from the number 7 berth. 

I wasn’t present tonight but by the sound of it king was on the wrong lines again?

His home form should be much better probably the only guy who has done more laps around Foxhall is his boss Mr Louis

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

what’s the point in rew being in the team if he’s in Poland?? I know it’s not the kids fault but why British speedway have agreed to lettingnpoland have priority on Thursdays is beyond me

we let Poland have priority so Laguta, Bewley and your second heat leader could ride over here

Is anyone else starting to get Peterborough 2021 vibes in regards to Wolves where everyone wrote them off before the season started (Myself included) only for them to prove everyone wrong and win the league.

Ipswich are such an unbalanced side to a point where it relies too heavily on King scoring 10+ a night as well as Doyle and Emil barely dropping a point to an opponent.

Edited by TTT
  • Like 2

3 Witches riders tonight gave up when last and didn't bother to finish... so I'm following their lead( they didn't lead many ) and .....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TTT said:

Is anyone else starting to get Peterborough 2021 vibes in regards to Wolves where everyone wrote them off before the season started (Myself included) only for them to prove everyone wrong and win the league.

Ipswich are such an unbalanced side to a point where it relies to heavily on King scoring 10+ a night.

Indeed. In broad terms it appears that as goes King, so go Ipswich which must represent a huge amount of pressure on him. 

Just browsing on Updates and, if I have read this correctly, over the final 10 races King's heat 8 second place seems to be the only time that a home rider other than Doyle/Sayfutdinov beat an opponent. That is an extraordinary stat for a home team.

• Like 1

Excellent reserve performance from Zach Cook.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Indefensible performance that, can’t wait to hear how Hawkins puts a positive spin on that and says something about Danny not being himself or some crap.

too much pressure on Danyon.

barker not good enough to replace riss - hence his average is almost 2 points lower.

King absolutely miles off did he beat an opponent tonight???

what’s the point in rew being in the team if he’s in Poland?? I know it’s not the kids fault but why British speedway have agreed to letting Poland have priority on Thursdays is beyond me

They agreed to let Poland have priority for any restaged matches, so that Poland would agree to letting top riders race in more than two leagues ...

Edited by Roger Jacobs

16 minutes ago, TTT said:

Ipswich are such an unbalanced side to a point where it relies too heavily on King scoring 10+ a night as well as Doyle and Emil barely dropping a point to an opponent.

And King hasn't been capable of doing that for a few years ...

Riss is a big miss - Barker was never going to be any sort of replacement - another in the preferred Ipswich mould of 100% popular trier.  Hume is entertaining, and a great bloke, but not strong enough consistently to carry the reserve spot.  Would having a "better" RS make any difference?  Not really ... the RS isn't supposed to be under pressure.  Even if Ipswich were prepared to take on Rowe or Kemp - or even if either Rowe of Kemp want to ride for Ipswich - would it have made a huge difference tonight?

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fourentee said:

Indeed. In broad terms it appears that as goes King, so go Ipswich which must represent a huge amount of pressure on him. 

Just browsing on Updates and, if I have read this correctly, over the final 10 races King's heat 8 second place seems to be the only time that a home rider other than Doyle/Sayfutdinov beat an opponent. That is an extraordinary stat for a home team.

Excellent analysis, I hadn't thought of viewing it that way. A new careeer as a forensic accountant beckons............................................................................................

(btw I am an accountant :D)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1