British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Wolves June 1st

Keep reading King out,,,, but no one says for who. Is there anyone any better on that type of average 

• Like 2

Can't compare experienced no.6s to the rising star. Thompson simply hasn't improved one bit this season, age has nothing to do with it. Plenty of past examples of 16 year olds getting better over the season. They tried him but should now admit someone else should have a go. 

6 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Keep reading King out,,,, but no one says for who. Is there anyone any better on that type of average 

Like said who else is the, we all know the problems Lynn had and Peterborough are having finding/tempting rides over to the UK, and im sure the ain't no budget left for another rider from overseas after signing Doyle/Emil, the RS situation needs addressing first but yet again who's out there worth trying at the mo, obviously it seems Rowe/Kemp ain't flavour of the month for whatever reasons, whilst their carrying a non scoring RS it puts more pressure with extra rides on Hume and even more so if they run R/R also, it's been mentioned he suffers with arm issues after a few rides and you can see his scores tail off more often then not after he's done 4/5 rides.

17 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

typical knee jerk reaction to a disappointing home loss - I am sure no one is more annoyed about last night than him! That said I did expect better of him last night - up until heat 8 all seemed normal - however Worrall, hitherto pointless, popped out beating Danny I was thinking he should be looking to win that race. His final 2 rides were just a disaster tho

Edited by GeneralMelchett

All middle order riders will have a disaster every now and then,,,,, he is actually averaging 7.75 for this season,,,so isn't doing that bad. 

King is frustrating and even more annoying is the strops he seems to be having …… I like to see riders shake opponents hands if it’s a fair race and Danny didn’t once do that simply rode past the Wolves riders and didn’t acknowledge them which is awful especially considering 2 of them were ex team mates in Worrall and Zach Cook 

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

I agree about Joe, it's a step to high to soon for the lad.  He like his brother, are great prospects for the future, if the sport has a future, and I'd hate to see his confidence destroyed. 

They both seem to have something but away from Leicester, with a lot less meetings, they were always going to struggle at first.

Interesting that they haven't got a place in the Polish u24 league when the likes of Albitt, Hagon and Killen are getting places and rides out there. 

In comparison to some of the others at their level, their experience away from Leicester and the UK is significant. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TTT said:

Is anyone else starting to get Peterborough 2021 vibes in regards to Wolves where everyone wrote them off before the season started (Myself included) only for them to prove everyone wrong and win the league.

Ipswich are such an unbalanced side to a point where it relies too heavily on King scoring 10+ a night as well as Doyle and Emil barely dropping a point to an opponent.

Your not the only one to have written Wolves at the beginning of the season TTT,remember seeing one post by Flappy saying he could see Wolves becoming adrift from the others(but it's not the only thing he's got wrong this season)as the year goes by.Personally feel Sheffield are still strong favourites for the crown,but are sure the Monmore men won't give up until the final race.

I wouldnt drop King, he is usually a consistent points scorer but he does have blips in form like last season when he was poor but came good later in the season, i doubt anybody is more annoyed than him at his current form but he wil sort it out I am sure. I would have him back in my team in a heartbeat.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

All middle order riders will have a disaster every now and then,,,,, he is actually averaging 7.75 for this season,,,so isn't doing that bad. 

oh quite - I see it for what it is - average wise hes done fine for me this season.

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It's not just Ipswich fans, I've read Glasgow, Redcar & Poole fans on the forum wanting changes, despite all 3 clubs having good seasons.

I would say not true fans just "keyboard warrior's" venting their frustrations.

If you look into the Ipswich side starting from the bottom

Away from home you can forgive your rising star scoring 0,0,0 if he gets a single point away then happy days.

At home however his job in essence is to beat his opposite rising star in two heats thus scoring 2 points.

Is Anders Rowe capable, i would say yes so get him in.

King in essence at home should average 2 points per ride, so 8 from 4 as a minimum, last night he got 6 from 5

Barker i know has a lower average than Riss but he is in to get what Riss should, so 6/7 points from 4 rides on average, last night he got 5 from 5

Rew is on an assessed average so should be looking at getting 5 from 4 rides, last night RR scored 3

Danyon has the hardest job as most other clubs have a no.6 who is more experienced and score fairly well when in form, Danyon has really good meetings where he exceeds expectations and others where he's maybe his level, so from him knowing he has 5 rides at least winning his reserve race and maybe 3 third places out of his other 4 rides he should get 6 from 5 rides, last night he got 5

Based on Doyle and Emil getting 23 last night if everyone else got what was expected as a minimum its a total of 50/51 thats including the RS getting 2 points at home

These riders apart from Doyle and Emil are and will always be inconsistent but when they all have a bad night this side will be exposed.

50/51 they could probably get away with one rider having a poor night

4 hours ago, Mimmo said:

I agree about Joe, it's a step to high to soon for the lad.  He like his brother, are great prospects for the future, if the sport has a future, and I'd hate to see his confidence destroyed. 

It's the right season for Dan to try a RS spot in the Prem, but too early for Joe I'd say. If he can move out of the reserve berths in the Champ I'd say he's more ready