British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King’s Lynn v Sheffield 01/06/23

1 hour ago, orion said:

I do ..the old team was a lot stronger and could at least win at home..this side is going to get smashed home and away ..Weak reserves now as well .

Absolute rubbish .............. the "old" team lost at home to Sheffield by very nearly the same margin only 5 weeks ago!  (KK 9pts .... same as Artem & S Lambert (guest) 4pts ... same as Thomson)!

Problem with KL is Jorgensen, MPT and Jakobsen who are all massively underperforming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Granted you would expect Pickering to be better than Kye,but on the other hand Laguta will be better than KK.So i don't think the old team is a lot stronger.Imo Pickering will be back when fully fit too.

Don't agree, we're not getting results away with this team, and Laguta will do well to match KK's 10.40 ave at home. 

KK was required to stay along with Laguta to just get results at home. 

Ipswich are the same, they have Doyle & Sayfutdinov & still lost so for us to rely on Laguta is a big big ask at home

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Don't agree, we're not getting results away with this team, and Laguta will do well to match KK's 10.40 ave at home. 

Ipswich are the same, they have Doyle & Sayfutdinov & still lost so for us to rely on Laguta is a big big ask at home

Few things with this.....the budget was never going to stretch to both Laguta & KK. You are assuming KK would have maintained that average, it was gained from only two meetings and those were against sides without top end power. Laguta could very well average 10 at home, and him coning in at #1 allows Klindt to go into the middle order where his scores will improve. Thomsen probably won't be the strong reserve Pickering would and Jakobsen should have been but since Josh got injured we've had one good score from number six so Thomsen won't do much worse. And assuming Pickering can sort his shoulder he will improve the side in place of Jorgensen or MPT (who I feel is being exposed a little at #5). They still look unlikely to get away results but at least we might be competitive and have at least a theoretical chance of some bonus points. It also has to be taken into account just how good Sheffield are at Lynn, especially with R/R for their weakest top five member. Chalk and cheese compared to Wolves or P'boro. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

I agree again with Bagpuss,i have seen enough of KK at home this season to know that he wouldn't have maintained the 10.40 home average.He had bottled a few first turns when he wasn't a bike length ahead going into the first turn.Plus he was riding at 2nd string rather than a number 1.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Few things with this.....the budget was never going to stretch to both Laguta & KK. You are assuming KK would have maintained that average, it was gained from only two meetings and those were against sides without top end power. Laguta could very well average 10 at home, and him coning in at #1 allows Klindt to go into the middle order where his scores will improve. Thomsen probably won't be the strong reserve Pickering would and Jakobsen should have been but since Josh got injured we've had one good score from number six so Thomsen won't do much worse. And assuming Pickering can sort his shoulder he will improve the side in place of Jorgensen or MPT (who I feel is being exposed a little at #5). They still look unlikely to get away results but at least we might be competitive and have at least a theoretical chance of some bonus points. It also has to be taken into account just how good Sheffield are at Lynn, especially with R/R for their weakest top five member. Chalk and cheese compared to Wolves or P'boro. 

That's the problem with this team, there's far to many wrongs. There's no established heatleader to handle the No5 position, the middle order isn't powerful enough against other middle orders, nobody is delivering whilst in the reserve position. 

I can't see Klindt delivering in this team. Obviously the club couldn't afford KK & Laguta but it's what's needed. When Kerr can just rock up & blow our whole team away you know there's SERIOUS problems. 

45 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's the problem with this team, there's far to many wrongs. There's no established heatleader to handle the No5 position, the middle order isn't powerful enough against other middle orders, nobody is delivering whilst in the reserve position. 

I can't see Klindt delivering in this team. Obviously the club couldn't afford KK & Laguta but it's what's needed. When Kerr can just rock up & blow our whole team away you know there's SERIOUS problems. 

Don't disagree with too much of that. They got it badly wrong in the winter and its very difficult to rectify that once the season gets going.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chris116 said:

The Stock Cars have two dates in June, four in July and five in August! So Trackstar, who like the Speedway, rent the stadium are getting the crowds in far more than once a month.

Thanks, 'once a month' was just an off the cuff remark really. The point being that the stocks make the money at Lynn and because of that the shale won't change any time soon. 

4 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

That is a big problem for British league speedway we have produced the big 2 Bewley and (Lambert who chooses not to ride over here ). but since Ellis (27) and the 30 ish  plus brits Worrals. Wright Lawson etc. Brennan is the only rider i.m.o who seems to be showing any real promise of reaching Prem league heat leader status,and from what i can see most of the young riders out there look no better than Champ league level at best .If this is the case what happens when the 30 plus riders are past there best.

Great point. I guess the BSPA will just reduce the point limit further to accommodate the Championship HLs and anyone else from the NL. 

Personally, I'd go back to the days of the 49-53 point limit (late 80s I think) in an attempt to get the better riders back on higher averages. As we seem to be heading to an amateur type league, if promotion have deep pockets why not go out with a bang...! 

6 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

Absolute rubbish .............. the "old" team lost at home to Sheffield by very nearly the same margin only 5 weeks ago!  (KK 9pts .... same as Artem & S Lambert (guest) 4pts ... same as Thomson)!

Problem with KL is Jorgensen, MPT and Jakobsen who are all massively underperforming.

if a fit Pickering or one of the other top 5 would have been reserve rather than lambert then the score would have been closer . From now on your just  have  weak reserves .  Riders under massively underperforming at Kl tends to be  a recurring theme i wonder why . Look at Kerr . Ask yourself why  that is  happening ?

Edited by orion

30 minutes ago, orion said:

if a fit Pickering or one of the other top 5 would have been reserve rather than lambert then the score would have been closer . From now on your just  have  weak reserves .  Riders under massively underperforming at Kl tends to be  a recurring theme i wonder why . Look at Kerr . Ask yourself why  that is  happening ?

Its a good question. Something is wrong somewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Its a good question. Something is wrong somewhere.

it's been happening for years and can't work out why - good riders come to Lynn and get worse. Riders leave Lynn and improve. Why do they under-perform when they pull on a stars race jacket? I think the last time we out-performed as a team was when Rob Lyon was team manager...

The crowd last night was decent, but that was no more than the usual school holiday effect. Laguta probably only helped a little....

2 hours ago, orion said:

If.........If.........If.........  ?????

Yeah right ........................... IF KL had scored more they would have won............. but only IF the moon was made of green cheese!

Kerr was absolute rubbish for KL because he had become too comfortable (complacent) with his "guaranteed" team spot year in year out .............. dropping him acually woke him up!

23 hours ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for this meeting please? Thanks in advance.

1) 61.94   2) 62.04   3) 60.66  4) 59.68 

5) 60.06  6) 60.00   7) 59.95  8) 60.12

9) 60.00  10) 59.62  11) 60.07  12) 60.04

13) 59.78  14) 61.13  15) 60.12

• Like 1

Brady unfortunately built the team around riders who are his ‘mates’ and that wins you nothing, hopefully he’s beginning to see that.  You’ve got to have a ruthless streak when the team is struggling to cull riders (providing there’s replacements out there of course), can’t imagine Mark Lemon or Damien Bates not doing what’s best for the club and move riders on who aren’t performing being mates with them or not.  Speedway is and always has been a numbers game and that’s it