British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King’s Lynn v Sheffield 01/06/23

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Lewi had become stale at Lynn and the move did him the world of good. Its a shame being a local lad but that's sport.

I agree he did. But from a 5 pointer, he looked like he had a 650 out there. He's never been like that in all his years at Lynn. Some of that must be down to how poor Lynn was.

• Like 2

Just watching the meeting back. Freddie said in the interview before the meeting.. "People keep slagging us off for not winning to much.But if we win tonight and the next one we are back in the mix" it did go a little further, but nothing much. Some do look at social media it seems.

Edited by Bald Bloke

6 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Lewi had become stale at Lynn and the move did him the world of good. Its a shame being a local lad but that's sport.

This theory needs challenging. There seems to be a running theme that rider's come here & become worse, rider's leave here & become better. 

There's something about this club that just isn't working. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Not sure it was Lewi that got stale

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

How do you account for his form at Lynn this season.  Is it not we are crap.

Edited by Bald Bloke

On 6/2/2023 at 11:09 PM, WembleyLion said:

1) 61.94   2) 62.04   3) 60.66  4) 59.68 

5) 60.06  6) 60.00   7) 59.95  8) 60.12

9) 60.00  10) 59.62  11) 60.07  12) 60.04

13) 59.78  14) 61.13  15) 60.12

That’s fantastic. Thank you very much.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

This theory needs challenging. There seems to be a running theme that rider's come here & become worse, rider's leave here & become better. 

There's something about this club that just isn't working. 

8 hours ago, stevehone said:

As I've already said elsewhere (and/or liked posts saying it) there are obviously issues at Lynn, but in Lewi's case he had been here a long time and the change did him the world of good.

I could argue that Richard Lawson improved during his two seasons here but I acknowledge we have been dire since 2018.

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

As I've already said elsewhere (and/or liked posts saying it) there are obviously issues at Lynn, but in Lewi's case he had been here a long time and the change did him the world of good.

I could argue that Richard Lawson improved during his two seasons here but I acknowledge we have been dire since 2018.

Richard came on a 5.64 and left us after 2 seasons on 7.71. He could well be the most improved rider in the league over those 2 seasons.

5 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Richard came on a 5.64 and left us after 2 seasons on 7.71. He could well be the most improved rider in the league over those 2 seasons.

Lynn fan here, but I would genuinely say that Musielak has to be up there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StarBoy said:

Lynn fan here, but I would genuinely say that Musielak has to be up there. 

It's not quiet the same for Toby.  It's hard to compare the two. He missed a few years over here, but he finished  2019 on 6.21 and is currently on 8.24.  So is deffo on the up. He's a real trier, and i'd welcome him at Lynn:t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

On 6/3/2023 at 12:18 AM, 4BM said:

Brady unfortunately built the team around riders who are his ‘mates’ and that wins you nothing, hopefully he’s beginning to see that.  You’ve got to have a ruthless streak when the team is struggling to cull riders (providing there’s replacements out there of course), can’t imagine Mark Lemon or Damien Bates not doing what’s best for the club and move riders on who aren’t performing being mates with them or not.  Speedway is and always has been a numbers game and that’s it

Lemon hasn't replaced Mulford who is the 2nd weakest RS, averaging 1.24 this season!

Edited by szkocjasid

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Lemon hasn't replaced Mulford who is the 2nd weakest RS, averaging 1.24 this season!

Looking at their results does he need to replace Mulford or are the other 6 taking the weight and Lemon is letting him get the experience?  He might have already seen what some of the available rising stars have to offer and not fancy then, he’s had Bailey as a #8 before and more than likely seen Kemp’s sulks and tantrums, Rowe’s distaste for British Speedway, Smith’s stagnation, etc plus when watching the Colts he’ll have a better understanding of the Rising Stars out there and what they give around NSS etc .  

39 minutes ago, 4BM said:

Looking at their results does he need to replace Mulford or are the other 6 taking the weight and Lemon is letting him get the experience?  He might have already seen what some of the available rising stars have to offer and not fancy then, he’s had Bailey as a #8 before and more than likely seen Kemp’s sulks and tantrums, Rowe’s distaste for British Speedway, Smith’s stagnation, etc plus when watching the Colts he’ll have a better understanding of the Rising Stars out there and what they give around NSS etc .  

These are all sensible comments, perhaps Belle Vue can win the league with 6 riders performing, but my point stays the same, you commented on Mark Lemon moving riders on who aren’t performing for the better of the club - just pointing out they haven't with Mulford.

No matter how well they are doing 2 points a match from Bailey would be better for the club than 1 from Mulford?

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

These are all sensible comments, perhaps Belle Vue can win the league with 6 riders performing, but my point stays the same, you commented on Mark Lemon moving riders on who aren’t performing for the better of the club - just pointing out they haven't with Mulford.

No matter how well they are doing 2 points a match from Bailey would be better for the club than 1 from Mulford?

Lemon must be playing the long game, which he can afford too is suppose with results so far, unfortunately for Lynn and P’Boro they need the fix now which is a lot more difficult a position especially for Brady having already played one trump card costing him £5k a meeting that’s not changed much when you have a team full of 6 pointers around Laguta who are expected to score 7-10 points which won’t happen weekly