British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

09/06/23 Edinburgh v Glasgow (CH)

7 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Tom did get beaten in heats 13 and 15 in April, but I’m not sure this changes much to be honest. He’s been on great form at home this season, definitely seeing the improvement he needed to show.

Toms had a few poor armadale meetings now think help him without weakening any pairings. Plus Tom is clever enough to dovetail whatever lines Claus is riding

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Toms had a few poor armadale meetings now think help him without weakening any pairings. Plus Tom is clever enough to dovetail whatever lines Claus is riding

I feel like they’ll probably end up swapping scores, but I guess we’ll see on Friday. I’m trying to work out if I really want to go across to Armadale to potentially see one pass all evening.

11 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I feel like they’ll probably end up swapping scores, but I guess we’ll see on Friday. I’m trying to work out if I really want to go across to Armadale to potentially see one pass all evening.

I've not been for few years tbh..became a bit toxic after the Friday night wars and like you say it's not the most entertaining of tracks nowadays

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I've not been for few years tbh..became a bit toxic after the Friday night wars and like you say it's not the most entertaining of tracks nowadays

I'm intending to go through for the first time in probably the best part of about ten years. 

When I was young free and single I would often do the trio: Edinburgh Friday, Berwick Saturday and Glasgow Sunday and I would recognise a few other individuals who did the same. 

I stopped going to Armadale for one of the reasons you pointed out, it was a really toxic aggressive argumentative vibe. For clarification that might just have coincided with where I was standing, I'm 100% not saying everyone was like that, obviously not. 

Consequently I've not kept abreast of the current entertainment value. 

When I went it was the Peter Carr era alongside a young Jimmy Grieves and the track produced good racing. I remember Armadale as super grippy. 

It's sad to hear it's not as good as it was, if indeed that's the case. 

Spoiled at Ashfield now I guess.......

Edited by Joseq7

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

About time I'd say! Will definitely benefit them in away meetings imo.

July before we are away after Friday so Basso will be at No.1 by then. Assume Bomber will be at 5 and Tom at 3 

13 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

I'm intending to go through for the first time in probably the best part of about ten years. 

When I was young free and single I would often do the trio: Edinburgh Friday, Berwick Saturday and Glasgow Sunday and I would recognise a few other individuals who did the same. 

I stopped going to Armadale for one of the reasons you pointed out, it was a really toxic aggressive argumentative vibe. For clarification that might just have coincided with where I was standing, I'm 100% not saying everyone was like that, obviously not. 

Consequently I've not kept abreast of the current entertainment value. 

When I went it was the Peter Carr era alongside a young Jimmy Grieves and the track produced good racing. I remember Armadale as super grippy. 

It's sad to hear it's not as good as it was, if indeed that's the case. 

Spoiled at Ashfield now I guess.......

Yeah much like yourself used to do the 3 most weeks in the good weather. Stood on what was home now back straight and was always bit of banter supporting anyone but Edinburgh but became a bit nasty and I was bringing kids by that time so have it a miss.

As you say wasn't everyone and I'm sure Edinburgh fans will say same thing happened at ashfield around the same time.

Yesh peak times for armadale were carr, stoney, Sean Wilson, Andre Compton and latterly with Shane. Whether it's the current bikes or riders preference from what I've heard and seen on some streams looks to have become very slick. Since doc Bridget retired possibly?

On 6/6/2023 at 10:41 AM, Mr Blobby said:

Ritchie confirmed as guest and wood also riding on Friday. Fully expect him to only be taking 3 rides. 

Nice to see you support for your riders any idea which Heat Dayle will be removed from 

9 minutes ago, snapper said:

Nice to see you support for your riders any idea which Heat Dayle will be removed from 

He shouldn’t be taking any rides. Absolute joke to British youngsters.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, snapper said:

Bit of common sense I know a struggle for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snapper said:

Lol support your riders, he's a million mile from cl racing he barely scores in national league and northern junior league 

• Like 1

Lots of Tigers fans seem to be getting carried away with their 64-26 rout of the Brummies last Friday but Oxford went to Perry Bar last night and beat them 54-36. I don't think that any results against Birmingham are a good indicator of any team's strength as they are shockingly bad this season, possibly even worse than Newcastle were last season before they folded, and the Monarchs secured an easy win there too. Imo, i think tomorrow evening will be a lot different especially with both teams expected to change riders around in the rider order and two new faces coming in for Edinburgh. It'll be close. 

On 6/6/2023 at 2:07 PM, Jaizer said:

Trying to think of a Dane who took to armadale quickly. Remember Nicki P demolishing the fence, Henning bager came round for a wave after running lasts, Peter juul was awful and Leon madsen took one look and refused to sign for Glasgow. I think jesper Olsen might've been decent. 

Leon's career went downhill after that.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Bit of common sense I know a struggle for you.

Common sense would be to sign a 2 point rider who looks somewhere near ready for the Championship. Someone who is at least doing well in NDL.

Just as well for Edinburgh there seems to be only 5 decent teams in the league, so can maybe still make the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Common sense would be to sign a 2 point rider who looks somewhere near ready for the Championship. Someone who is at least doing well in NDL.

Just as well for Edinburgh there seems to be only 5 decent teams in the league, so can maybe still make the playoffs. 

The 6th place certainly looks up for grabs the way Plymouth are riding at this moment.